Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the burniest laser I can get for around $300?

Id personally say the HL 532. They do good work it seems. Especially from the description.

I have an HL532. On a ratio of the HL532 to my 9mm in burn power id say its about a 25:1. Meaning the HL532 basically doesn't stand a chance. While its bright and has a nice beam its not anywhere near the best burner.

I wouldn't mind building someone a custom 405nm or a 445nm burner BTW. Hit me up in PM if you are interested.

Yes, anything above 5mW can be dangerous to your sight. Ones I build specifically for burning and/or spectacular beams are 100-500x that limit. If you are in need of goggles check out the link in my signature. They protect very well for any wavelength laser from 405nm-532nm and I have tested them on 445nms with power over 2.5W and they hold up very well and allow up close viewing of the dot and have been tested to drop a 2W 445nm down to 1-2mW. While they aren't the best available they do work damn well and are super cheap. As long as you don't hold a 2W laser directly on them for over 5 seconds you should be fine LOL.

Last edited: