Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the burniest laser I can get for around $300?

Ray Foss RF532-200mW-FMK(IR filtered)
Price: $265
Power >200mW (After IR filter,Pre-set IR lens)
Duty: 300 seconds
Battery: 18650

O-Like Powerful Crown upgrade 500mW green laser torch/waterproof
Price: $275
Power: >450mW
Duty Cycle: 100 seconds on, 60 seconds off
Battery: 18650

HL 532nm 50-300
Price: $186
Power: 300mW
IR Filter, separate crystal (we buy the Nd:YVO4, KTP,and the Cavity lens,apart from suppliers,and we produce big size bronze mount for the three components,then build the combination of the three parts by ourselves in our lab, the separate crystal is for higher power green laser 100mW with good beam quality,and the big size heat sink is better.)
Wavelength (nm)
Battery: 16340

CNI PGL-III-532F
Power: 200mW
Adjustable focus and divergence
Beam: 1.5~14, adjustable with laser head
Battery: 2×C size/1. 5V batteries

Jetlasers Superswitch Series 250mw Green Laser Pointer
Price: $298
Power: 250mW
Auto Thermoelectric Regulation: Automatic power reduction based on temperature increase. It means the laser can run continuously at no risk of burning the laser diode.
※Focus adjustable, adjustable beam diameter
※ Beam Divergence adjustable from 1.5mrad to 30mrad
※ Beam Diameter adjustable from 5mm to 50mm
Battery: Lithium 18650
Modes: Continuous Wave / Pulse / Standby mode
Duty Cycle: Continuous

Last edited:

Re: Comparing $200 focusable 200 mW 532 nm green lasers, help me select my first.

A high powered 405nm is best for burning, always use wavelength specif safety goggles when doing burning tests.

Does the 405nm use IR for burning power, making it more eye-dangerous since those are invisible?

I want something with an IR filter, edited the OP to include one.

Last edited:

DJNY

Re: Comparing $200 focusable 200 mW 532 nm green lasers, help me select my first.

No it´s using 405nm for "burning power"

You have to do a lot more reading through the forum before anyone is going to recommend you a high powered / very dangerous laser.

IR is a problem with cheap high powered 532nm lasers from O-Like, Lazerer, Laserlands, Rayfoss. Some of them leak 30-50% of IR.

Personally I would go for a JETLASER, they have very high quality for a really good price. They also offer cheap 3x / 5x beam expanders. Contact hakzaw1 for further information.

But please read more about lasers first!! Look at the stickies in each of the sections, always helps.

Does the 405nm use IR for burning power, making it more eye-dangerous since those are invisible?

I want something with an IR filter, edited the OP to include one.

Re: What is the burniest laser I can get for around $200?

For less than $200 you can build a 9mm 445nm burner. If you dropped it on a driver set to 2.2A you would have one of the best burners around. At that current you would be getting somewhere around 2.6W up to as much as 3.3W. To my knowledge, there is no 532nm or 405nm laser capable of high enough output to compete with that in any way. Especially for anywhere near that price.

DJNY

^For distance burning 405nm is much better than 445nm, even at lower powers.

Last edited:

What would you define as a distance burn?

If you want to burn stuff like 20 feet or less away then a 9mm is reigning king for its sheer ridiculous output. Not to mention it has a such visible beam that you wouldn't even see a 405nm beam next to it.

Last edited:

DJNY

Popping a balloon at different distances f.e.

I´m sure my 405nm can go further than any 3W 445nm out there.

Popping a balloon at different distances f.e.

I´m sure my 405nm can go further than any 3W 445nm out there.

Honestly, completely out of curiosity I would like to do a test on that some time.

When I'm trying to show off lasers and I pull out the 405nm people think its neat how things glow. When I pull out the 9mm people ask me to make them one and how much it would cost and if it can hit the moon.

405nm could be a better burner at super long range but they cant hold a candle to the cool factor of a 3W 445nm.

BTW, your 405 has a pretty nice output. Is it running an S06J? What current is it at?

Last edited:

DJNY

We´re not talking about visibility. Just about distance burning.

At short distances a 3W 445nm will beat 405nm for sure.

For the coolness factor, I like 405nm more than multimode 445nm lasers. I just love straight beams, especially when it comes to pointing through fog or rain
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/d...05nm-goodness-now-gift-74807.html#post1080609

Last edited:

This is what I was referring to regarding violet lasers: "The beam can be very dangerous to eyes without appearing very bright because human vision has low sensitivity to the typically 405 nm wavelength of violet laser pointers."

Personally I would go for a JETLASER, they have very high quality for a really good price. They also offer cheap 3x / 5x beam expanders. Contact hakzaw1 for further information.

I actually pm'd him about his group buy, asked if it has an IR filter. Isn't an IR filter something done for safety since IR is invisible yet potentially dangerous?

Treat any laser that isn't a 532nm as though its many times brighter than it appears to be by default and you will save your eyes.

IR is not an issue with any laser that isn't a 532 or directly an IR laser.

What is your goal for burning distance bro?

Last edited:
why dont you make a thread in the Buy,sell section and see if someone can do this for you. be specific thiugh. like how much power because there are $10 diodes that can burn. so specify you want it to be high quality because it is around $200.
:beer: Justin
if you want a cheapie that is probably underspec but burns check out olike i guess. but lpf is your best option!