Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What does this Laser Module require to power up?

i'm using the same one 18650 BUT a new one, i was using a used one before so yeah..
Edit: Should i test it with 2 18650 Batteries?

Last edited:
How many laser diodes have fallen victim to your "tests" try a lower voltage laser. And maybe next time don't post 40 times in a row.

Lol I normally get between 2 - 5 people emailing me on a daily basis, asking why their respective diodes without drivers are not working when powered up.

Doh.

Zeebit

I am a little bit confused about this because you are posting too much. Did you use a driver when you tested it again?

okay sorry next time i'll provide more detail in a new post.
I used the first driver, which was the '18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights' Driver.
I don't have the O-like Driver and i know it would require only one 18650 Battery.
But for the driver i just used to test, the laser seemed to be brighter than before? Would you recommend me purchasing the O-Like Driver for this build instead?
Also a question about the driver i am using, if was to use 2 18650 Lithium Batteries would it become brighter?
I am still a dumb ass with these things i admit, but what is the title i should research?

Last edited:

Zeebit

Charge all batteries before using them. That driver will need 2 li-ion batteries in order to function properly.

And do not run the module without a heatsink otherwise you'll fry it.

You can find a search bar at the bottom of the page. Use it.

Okay just to finalize things: 2 li-ion batteries will bring it to its maximum output? (for the driver i'm using)
If i purchase the O-like Driver would it perform at its maximum output with just one 18650 Li-ion Battery?
Sure do have a heat sink, would applying thermal paste be necessary?
Okay fair enough, thank you.

Learn WAY more. This sounds like an impulse. Keep those under control. If you don't know much then why did you get it in the first place?

yea, maybe try buying a 10$ 100mW 405nm laser diode off ebay first...wont cost much, and you can practice setting a driver+soldering it to your diode. if it works, then cool, you have a nice little burning laser. If it doesn't work, then oh well, you are out like 30$. But if you mess up your 445 diode, then you are out much more money..

before you start a build, always do some research. The google search bar at the bottom of the page will help you a lot. Good luck :)

Okay just to finalize things: 2 li-ion batteries will bring it to its maximum output? (for the driver i'm using)

Only if they're fully charged. That is why I said earlier to use 3.

If i purchase the O-like Driver would it perform at its maximum output with just one 18650 Li-ion Battery?

Yes, but only if you can figure out how to adjust it right.

Sure do have a heat sink

Keep your finger on both the diode and driver. Use the heatsink on anything that starts getting hot.