Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what do i need to build a laser

laser_boy

i need to know what parts i need to build a laser pointer and have it actually work.

Mathewe

i need to know what parts i need to build a laser pointer and have it actually work.
I'm brand new to this laser thing, just like you. I'll suggest that you go to DTR's Laser Shop (Google it) and find a diode in the wave-length/color and power that you seek. You will find that you can purchase that diode all by itself, or with all options for a 'turn-key' system if you don't want to learn how to DIY build one (you'll have to supply your own batteries or power supply). It will work, however. I'm not sure if you will find anything small enough for a turn-key laser pointer, but maybe he has such. I don't know about pointer sized systems as I'm doing a bench mounted system for my first build. Someone else will surely chime in on this with more info than I can offer.
"Best of luck to you!"

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It is 18 minimum here but we kinda stretch the rule depending on circumstances

AquaticHarpy

You need a diode, heat sink, wires, a driver, and a power source, likely batteries, also a enclosure, maybe a switch.

Also, Unown, I bet you could never guess my age based on my postings. But its definitely important to keep the youth safe!

Restated, how old are you OP?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You need a diode, heat sink, wires, a driver, and a power source, likely batteries, also a enclosure, maybe a switch.

Also, Unown, I bet you could never guess my age based on my postings. But its definitely important to keep the youth safe!

Well so far you've been very mature and helpful so if you are under 18 we can let it slide ;)

laser_boy

i dont think i have to tell you my age

Can somebody point me in the direction to a person that has all my parts that I need to build a laser

Good and I guess you're somebody that knows what you're talking about I'm in the market to build a laser I just need to know what parts and how big are size I need for the power I'm trying to get the brightest diode that's made in a blue or Orange

If it's your first build then I wouldn't suggest going with the most powerful and most expensive option. You might want to start with something that won't break the bank when it burns up. You need a laser diode in a module, a driver, a lens, batteries, electrical knowledge and a host to put it all in..... it's all available in my ebay store except the knowledge, that comes from education and experience.

Hi,
For sale heres a build with a PL520 diode it holds a 14500 battery. beautiful green beam a great starer build.
60.00 + 9.20 Priority mail.
Rich:)DCA18452-B347-4E7D-A3CC-382FDEE038E0_1_201_a.jpegB7B5BD1C-A428-450A-9E3A-313A4FEEA234_1_201_a.jpeg7555391C-2210-4286-B218-D6A344555695_1_201_a.jpeg