Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what do customs do with lasers?

with all the talk of people having their laser pointers confiscated by customs it got me thinking: what do they do with all the abandoned laser pointers that must pile up over the years? is there a spot in some dump in new york where there are just piles of perfectly fine arctics and other laser pointers or do the people that work they get a new toy courtesy of LPF members? :scowl:

They give them to me.....:whistle:
I'm up to my eyeballs with confiscated Lasers...:eg:

Jerry

Last edited:
with all the talk of people having their laser pointers confiscated by customs it got me thinking: what do they do with all the abandoned laser pointers that must pile up over the years? is there a spot in some dump in new york where there are just piles of perfectly fine arctics and other laser pointers or do the people that work they get a new toy courtesy of LPF members? :scowl:

They destroy them, you can contest the confiscation if you can prove the laser is legal to import and has a proper accession number. Otherwise they just destroy them.

They destroy them, you can contest the confiscation if you can prove the laser is legal to import and has a proper accession number. Otherwise they just destroy them.

but how??? a lot of these lasers are made using very durable and somewhat indestructible hosts, and is there like a body that oversees the destruction of these lasers? otherwise people at customs could very possibly be pocketing some of these

Hardly indestructible by any means. They probably just smash them with a compactor or disassemble them and throw away/recycle various parts.