Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Battery should i get for Pl-E Pro? (vtc5 vtc6)

iAurora

Hi LPF;

I got a Pl-E Pro 2W 445nm from jetlasers without batteries. And i am now looking for batteries to fit it. I decided on 18650 but i saw that it has 2 models: Vtc5 (2500 mah) and Vtc6 (3000 mah). I know that 3000 has more capacity but i heard that it has less Ampere value.

Which one should i get for my laser? Also Can a vtc5 charger also charge a vtc6 safely?

Thanks !

MY advice (not for the the OP)for starters it is a NO BRAINER about shipping lasers with ANY Li-Ions..you are risking your laser ( for a cheap batt or two)--never ask for batts to be included ( in same package.)
I even tell sellers offering free batts to KEEP them!!-- free usually means 'lowest quality'.

..... to help you with your homework--here a a good site & you can check your batts (or other things) there.. I put E-Fest in and got no results so I guess they are the 'real deal'
see this site--
https://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/642/Lithium-Ion-18650-Batteries.html

JL gives batt requirement s. 'MOST' take 18650 or 26650. while some need two 16340s
that is at JL.org- BUT IIRC they do not mention the mAh--any claiming 9800 mAh- is fake and the max is less than on half of that-- much like the 40000mW lasers at alibaba

here is a tip for your..find free used lap-top batt-packs being discarded /recycled--VERY CAREFULLY open the batt pack and remove the 5 to 9 or more free 18650s Test and recharge with quality batt charger.. they may be old and not holding the charge forever but you cannot beat the price. Follow ALL safety advice on these batts.. thay can cause a fire or worse.. BUT compared with brand new real Li-ions the recycled--rebranded are less likely to be real and/or less safe..

go in person to any PC shop.. for the best ones--go to ebay/amazon as some NEW batt packs are extremely cheap due to their lack of need.

btw I mark ALL these batts so they 'stay together'.. it is IMO best to use them together for devices using more than one 18650.
They all should be reading the ABOUT same power (~4vdc) as well.

it is a dumb move to keep any used ones that will not recharge to >3.5 vdc--BUT PLZ discard properly (recycle)& keep them dry at ALL TIMES.

Last edited:

iAurora

for starters it is a NO BRAINER about shipping lasers with ANY Li-Ions..you are risking your laser ( for a cheap batt or two)--never ask for batts to be included ( in same package.)
I even tell sellers offering free batts to KEEP them!!-- free usually means 'lowest quality'.

I already said that i did not get batteries included. I will buy them seperately.

Also for the rest of your answer i am afraid i’m not interested in laptop batteries. I am gonna buy original SONY 18650s but have 2 different models as i mentioned at the first entry. I am asking which one should i get.
Thanks for your effort.

OKay... thanks for buying from JL-- hope it works out great for you.

best wishes--hak

I have many battery chargers from cheap to expensive. As far as charging these batteries go, any charger that can charge one will also charge the other battery. My best charger is the Opus BT-C3100 intelligent charger. It has four ports and can recharge, discharge, test internal resistance at each port individually from the other ports. I use it almost exclusively even though I have Nitecores too. If you are looking to buy 18650 batteries, I buy all mine from liionwholesale.com. Check the closeouts and promotions. They can be quite good, yet very inexpensive.

iAurora

Thank you Paul,

Do you have any idea about the batteries? (18650 vtc5 vs vtc6)

My concern would be which battery would fit. I would see what liion has and decide from there which batteries will serve you best. High drain batteries are really only needed for high power diodes like the NUBM44 and their like. I got by for years using protected 26650s for my 3 watt 445nm laser. I would not use a high drain battery where it is not necessary as they can over discharge and then they are useless.

Orbtronic 5200mah protected 26650 and 3500mah protected button top 18650 cells
work fine in my PL-E Pro 520 and 465nm jetlasers.
I have a efest luc v4 and a skyrc mc3000 I use to charge them. My 3.8+ watt 465nm
draws just under 5 amps so protected cells work just fine...and are recommended when
running them in series.

FYI for the new guys--these can be gotten as protected ..or 'button top' & they are a bit longer OR unprotected or 'flat top' In most devices both will fit--but you may need a spacer like some JLs require to make good contact..also with button toppers your tail caps may not screw as tightly compared with flat tops--the extra length is because of a tiny addition for being protected. I use flat small magnets to 'lengthen' flat tops

BUT you MUST be extremely careful that the magnet cannot in any way make any contact w/ the insides of your batt tube...IF at any time your laser quickly heats up a lot==your batt(s) is/are shorting out .. bad thing to happen.. plz do not ask me how I learned this.lol

so if it fits and is 'not' a counterfeit ...the high numbers mean longer run times.
According to a few of our 'experts' almost all LI-ION from China are not real.. OR are being made at the same place.
Have you seen the newer E-Fest.?
. it has a hologram/barcode and much more..last time I posted that I was mocked for being naive... seems like a lot of extra work and cost -- vs making them better....in the first place.

My E-fests have worked very well..so I stand by them. .... and will buy more (from Battery Junction)