Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What are you're guys thought's on this behavior?

Damn that's pretty irresponsible behavior, though not half as bad as a lot of the firearm handling ones that I've seen.

Damn that's pretty irresponsible behavior, though not half as bad as a lot of the firearm handling ones that I've seen.

Have you also seen "KipKay" a old man who does these stupid giveaways of lasers.

He just sends off Class 4 lasers to random people. Dumbest thing ever.

I swear, it pisses off to see people who are immature with lasers. ;)

NOOOO! you're getting the 800mW 532. Get a 520 and a 500mW 635 :(
I would agree with him, 500mw green to 800 mW green not really enough difference. The 500mW is heaps enough as it is ...I would get the 520 nm and high power 635 nm red/orange they are both a lovely color ....just my extra 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
I remember linking this video a while back. Those guys are jackasses who should be beaten with a hefty bag full of pineapples.

I remember linking this video a while back. Those guys are jackasses who should be beaten with a hefty bag full of pineapples.

Speaking of fruits, fortunately for them, not by a bag of durians!

durian_malaysia.jpg

SKeeZ

i'd be much more afriad of the durian. the smell man... it could kill an elephant.

i'd be much more afriad of the durian. the smell man... it could kill an elephant.

Ahh, forgot about that! I think people would worry about getting hit more then the smell :undecided:

But imagine getting hit on the head...must be a weird feeling :beer:

Encap

Hum....true. I would like the 800mW JetLasers unit...I think that would be best for me. Don't want to throw away 1K to a company that isn't very reputable.

I will get JetLaser's 800mW unit. I love JetLasers.

Forget Warnlasers--very overpriced --- you can get anything they offer somewhere else for less to a lot less.

JetLasers are great lasers--excellent quality and a company with integrity. With JetLasers you are never stuck with a dud or something you don't want.

Get a JetLasers PL-E Pro 800mw, 532nm and their beam expander. Most of the 800's will peak at over 1W for a few mins. Gray will give you a good LPF price on one .

You can then sell your 500mW 532 PL-E here on LPF --will go fast.

Forget Warnlasers--very overpriced --- you can get anything they offer somewhere else for less to a lot less.

JetLasers are great lasers--excellent quality and a company with integrity. With JetLasers you are never stuck with a dud or something you don't want.

Get a JetLasers PL-E Pro 800mw, 532nm and their beam expander. Most of the 800's will peak at over 1W for a few mins. Gray will give you a good LPF price on one .

You can then sell your 500mW 532 PL-E here on LPF --will go fast.

Haha I will see! What does the beam expander do anyway? I don't think it will be much use for me anyway.

But WarnLasers has a 1.5W laser for $1500? Does seem kinda over-priced to me after I think about it.

Encap

Here is a thread about PL-E 800mW with beam expander and images of the expanded amazing beam.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/jetlasers-pl-e-pro-beam-expander-gallery-85916.html

Basically it make a wider beam and lower divergence so beam goes much greater distance with less increasing dot size

The 800mW 532nm with beam expander is the max Jetlasers kit.

Your 500Mw is great and you can order the beam expander for it also for $90

Last edited:
Here is a thread about PL-E 800mW with beam expander and images of the expanded amazing beam.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/jetlasers-pl-e-pro-beam-expander-gallery-85916.html

Basically it make a wider beam and lower divergence so beam goes much greater distance with less increasing dot size

The 800mW 532nm with beam expander is the max Jetlasers kit.

Your 500Mw is great and you can order the beam expander for it also for $90

Haha yea, I heard 500mW of 532nm is pretty good for a laser :)

I like it but it's a matter of personal preference despite their hefty price of $10/kg for such a fruit. In the West, the durian has become synonymous with strong-tasting, foreign foods that are oddities or novelties. Frozen whole durians are shipped from Thailand to Asian markets and Chinatowns in Western countries. For eg. durians can be found in Manhattan's and Brooklyn's Chinatown, as well as Hmarts in New Jersey. The 19th-century British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace famously described durian flesh as "a rich custard highly flavoured with almonds". Whereas despite having tried arguably more eccentric foods, Andrew Zimmern, host of Bizarre Foods, was unable to finish a Durian upon sampling, due to his intolerance to its strong taste of "completely rotten, mushy onions". British novelist Anthony Burgess writes that eating durian is "like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory". Anthony Bourdain, a lover of durian, relates his encounter with the fruit thus: "Its taste can only be described as...indescribable, something you will either love or despise. ...Your breath will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother." Travel and food writer Richard Sterling said:
Durian%2Blike%2Bwine.jpg

But while some hotels even make durian cream cakes or custard puffs as a seasonal event, others are known to ban them from their premises like this elevator sign in a Thai hotel :

451333.jpg