Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What are the worst lasers money can buy

Right. I'm asking you, what are the worst possible lasers money can buy ;) What do you think is just the shoddiest, most overpriced, piece of IR filter lacking junk that you know of on the internet.

This has nothing to do with companies (except price). I mean, we ALL know what the bad companies are, and even the best companies can have bad deals. So forget about customer support, shipping, returns and general company crudiness. Lets just focus on the actual lasers themselves!

Lasers can be bad for many reasons:

- Bad build quality
- Underpowered
- No IR filter, or related optics
- Overpriced for what you get
- Really ugly looking
- Burnt out after a week
- Annoying mode shifting

So lets hear them!

I'll start off with one laser I don't think is so crash hot. WL Sonar I & II. Before I knew about forums like this it didn't seem so bad, I mean violet colour is pretty unusual and cool looking. But after I found out how cheap these diodes are to come across... this has got to be one of the most overpriced lasers on the market!

Switch

I agree about the sonars.But if you want , I can offer a laser for sale.A 1mW red keychain with the battery cap missing and the collimatig assembly sawed off.$10k what do you say? ::)

Well, I mean commercial lasers of course ;) Pretty easy to come up with a dodgy deal yourself :) (How about a 100W black laser? Black is the absence of light, and I have a laser that shoots out HEAPS of no light! $700 shipped).

So I'm looking for the dodgiest deal out there that is being sold by a legit company as a legit deal ;) Just for laughs ;D

Chad

If you're talking about actual companies, WL, DX and KD.

WL just can't make good lasers... DX and KD just sell Spymodex and Newwish units, which are essentially ebaysers on a pretty website. (It's true, sorry to say. :p)

If you want a really dodgy deal, go buy from those pervs at alibaba. ;D

Okay, okay... we've established they are dodgy companies :) We know enough about dodgy companies, that's not really what I'm getting at here :)

But what are the products you think that make them dodgy? What is the worst product these guys have in your opinion?

Switch

A nimfomaniac woman ;D Or some guy who didn't "came out of the closet" yet :p

ixfd64

The worst lasers that money can buy = just about anything made by Wicked and Techlasers.

Things

ebaysers. IR spewing, underspec lasts 3 seconds peices of $h!t. Especially the so called "240mw" ones.....

'tis sad that some decent lasers are to be had on ebay... eg the people who make the box style blurays...

ebaysers are usually ment as newwish fakes, or real ones, not sure, but just the ones like on DX and KD.

EBAYSERS doesnt generalize lasers sold on ebay(lol) that would be retarded, cause on Ebay you see good stuff every now and then, e.g. all industrial laser stuff, mebe a bit expensive, but VERY fun to play with if you have the money, and DIY stuff, but then agai, you can get scammed on that too, well anything on the internet,RL too actually xD