Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

We've all done it...

ped

Back when i was young, in the days before mobile phones we used 2-way radios in our vehicles. One day I was bagging the boss with a work mate and all of a sudden we heard this "click" through the speaker as the jammed mic button released. The next thing we heard was the boss over the 2-way "come and see me when you get back"......

Thats strange way of handing in your notice :)

I was messing with a phone charger, trying to take out the LED; it was too bright. well, i seemed to have forgotten it was plugged in. i touched a metal piece, saw sparks, smelled smoke, and died a little inside, it hurt so bad!
About a year ago, i emptied a fireworks mortar and poured the powder all over a firework i had taken the fuse out of.(laser related business...haha) and i shined my rayfoss waterproof laser on it. well, it wasnt working, so i moved closer to take a look at the firework(wanted to look for any other fuse or something), not realizing the laser was still on. needless to say, the laser ignited the powder, i heard a loud bang, a blinding green light, i thought i was dead.:p i didnt have eyebrows for a while. i had to explain this to my girlfriend. she laughed. l then turned my laser on, and saw it was ruined. BUT! i removed the glass waterproofing lens that kept water out, and my laser was clean again! it was fantastic.

I just did a good one today. I pulled out a tree stump with the crain on my work truck. I set the stump on my trailer to haul it off, I was trying to get my lifting sling out from under the stump while standing on the trailer. I wasn't having much luck, so I moved the stump a little bit and gave the sling a hard tug. The sling came flying out and hit me right in the nuts! I sat on the trailer for about 20 min put all of my stuff away and called it a day, sitting here having a little JW black on the rocks thinking how stupid I was yanking that sling out. :beer:

Gave a girl a home to live in and sent her through school, got her pregnant after dating a while... She broke up with me 4 months into the pregnancy and now im paying child support...

Glad to see you're back maxkillz...sorry to hear about that though :(

Edit: Post 1,950

I've done that. Ouch indeed.

Didn't end badly, but my favorite stupid moment was when I blindly reached into the electronics project I built to move a wire around. It was plugged in, and I had just hooked up the 320v part of the power supply. Sure was one hell of a tingle.

I've done that too. I used to be a repair technician for Hewlett Packard fixing printers. I forgot to take out the 240V power supply when it was opened and gave myself a nice crack to the hand :) for some reason I didnt do that again :thinking:

ped

Gave a girl a home to live in and sent her through school, got her pregnant after dating a while... She broke up with me 4 months into the pregnancy and now im paying child support...

Feel for you...some girls are just...well, you know.

I've done that too. I used to be a repair technician for Hewlett Packard fixing printers. I forgot to take out the 240V power supply when it was opened and gave myself a nice crack to the hand :) for some reason I didnt do that again :thinking:

Ive lost count how many times my fingers/ thumbs have resembled zero ohm links on charged smoothing caps. 320VDC hurts, a lot.