Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Were should I buy a 8x diode

I have been looking on the forum (and yes I have been using the search button) But I dont know were to buy a 8x bluray diode. It seems to me that the 6x and 12x are a lot more popular than the 8x, is there any reason for that. So were should I buy a 8x diode, and would you guys suggest me get a 8x diode or a 12x diode? Any suggestion help:san:

Exerd

Hello Trever,

I am not sure what price range 8X BR diodes can currently be found for. However, 12X diodes contained on a drive sled can be purchased now for $56 shipped. 12x burner 405nm 400-600mW diode/SF-BW512P sled [OL-405-400] - $50.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Even if I could find 8X diodes for $25, the performance demonstrated from the 12Xs would persuade me to pay the little bit extra and get one of them instead. I just bought another one of the 12X sleds the other day for a new hand held build. I am finding it hard to resist at $56 for the diode I used to pay $200 for.

I hope that helps.

What about that new bluray diode that I hear everyone talking about. Supposedly it does 1W I think. Should I just wait for that

Exerd

I just ordered another 12X sled, this time from modwerx. I'll let you know how long it takes to Illinois.