Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WELCOME to ALL NEW

If you joined today or LONG ago..
its that time again.
Oct Golden Week

This will effect any buys you just made..from China.
I hope they have a great vacay.. hard workers around the world deserve no less. Once back (8th) they will likely be playing 'catch-up'...
Hope they all have a good break.

open to suggestions as to placing this I another section.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's that time again. I always try to avoid ordering from China during their week long holiday. It takes at least 15 days to get stuff from there normally, so adding another week to that is too long for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Prolly, for USA, not getting replys to emails sent to China is the most annoying.
.. but USA 'shuts down' just as much but in smaller number of days .. It would be nice to have 7 day holiday.. couple of days extra to get thu the hangover.... lol

My hangover days are long behind me. I had a Guinness Stout on my birthday about 7 years ago. I hadn't had a drink for ten years before that. I didn't even finish the stout as it didn't taste as good as I remembered it. I pretty much lost my taste for all alcoholic beverages.

Well Golden Week has passed.. happens in Oct very year.
China New Year?? idts --
interesting side note.. many there give up the weekend off before and work instead.. when they normally would be off work..
so the golden week is preceded by the 9 day not-so-golden-week.

Tjfrost

Prolly, for USA, not getting replys to emails sent to China is the most annoying.
.. but USA 'shuts down' just as much but in smaller number of days .. It would be nice to have 7 day holiday.. couple of days extra to get thu the hangover.... lol
Ummmm Hey hakzaw what is <thu the hangover> just wondering what "thu" is🤔.. let's work on grammar my friend we all make mistakes let's just not let it happen again😐

Ummmm Hey hakzaw what is <thu the hangover> just wondering what "thu" is🤔.. let's work on grammar my friend we all make mistakes let's just not let it happen again😐
You know the last thread was closed for a reason - dragging your spat with Len out on this one is only likely to further wreck your reputation around here. I can't remember who stated it in the other thread - but respect is earned here for what an individual actually does on/for the forum, not what they do for their day job. Threatening legal action on vets in the first week is a brilliant way to get yourself shunned/banned here.

And take that from a new member - Being new to forums and the LPF is no reason to antagonise veteran members like you would an unliked aunt on Facebook.

Ditto to what Immo1282 said, from a member who has been here awhile. Just let it go and you will be far better off here. People do get banned from this place and, once banned, there is no coming back. EVER.

Tjfrost

Ditto to what Immo1282 said, from a member who has been here awhile. Just let it go and you will be far better off here. People do get banned from this place and, once banned, there is no coming back. EVER.
I'm just trying to get laugh out of hakzaw1 I know he thinks it's funny and if you actually think I'm filing a sexual harassment law suit on hakzaw1 then you guys aren't getting the since of humour I'm just bringing some comedy in this place besides what's the reason we are all here it's not are full time job to talk about lasers but I'll pull it back a little tell you guys see I'm not trying to cause drama just liven up this forum a little while I learn about lasers from you guys I've already learned a lot read all the stuff you guys directed me to and actually am now ordering some really good safety glasses so im not dumb but if I can't joke and entertain you guys whats the point of life? dont make me put a 7watt samwu to my dome guy's😵 <bad joke?🙊> ok I'll stop

TJ - A joke to one is a credible threat to another.

The party analogy here is brilliant; if you haven't seen it, take a good read.

Anyhow this thread's kind of derailed too...

I'm just trying to get laugh out of hakzaw1 I know he thinks it's funny and if you actually think I'm filing a sexual harassment law suit on hakzaw1 then you guys aren't getting the since of humour I'm just bringing some comedy in this place besides what's the reason we are all here it's not are full time job to talk about lasers but I'll pull it back a little tell you guys see I'm not trying to cause drama just liven up this forum a little while I learn about lasers from you guys I've already learned a lot read all the stuff you guys directed me to and actually am now ordering some really good safety glasses so im not dumb but if I can't joke and entertain you guys whats the point of life? dont make me put a 7watt samwu to my dome guy's😵 <bad joke?🙊> ok I'll stop

Sense of humor
A sense of humor the ability to understand or share in comedy, or situations that are funny in any way. It allows you to appreciate a joke or comedic story. Humor also includes an intellectual ability to see the meaning of a joke, pun, or absurd situation.

SINCE
In the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, typically the present.

I don't see the humor in " since of humour " except that in attacking someone's grammar you used poor grammar......So yea, I suppose that's funny although I don't think that was your intention, or was it ?

Also the rest of your grammar was far from correct, so it's difficult to think that was intentional when you messed up so much more.

Last edited: