Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

weird sounds from PHR 803t

i turned the pot down ok then i turned the witch on with normal used batteries then the sound stopped but when i turn it higher the sound starts now i turned it down and no sound at all

LaZeRz

It seems like there is either a bad connection somewhere or your inductor is screwed.

Also, did you try changing batteries? If not try some energizer/Duracell batteries, If the sound goes away with those then invest in a 18650 cell (if your enclosure can fit it) and leave it at that. The way I see it, it seems like your batts are sagging in voltage and therefor your driver is being stressed.

If the problem persists, buy a 100mA linear driver and two lithium ion cells. Will be cheaper than another micro boost and it will give you the benefit of being rechargeable.

Last edited:
ok i just put energizer lithium ultra in it that i just got from the shops and the sound stopped i left it on for 30 - 40 sec i didnt count

LaZeRz

Yay :)

So, it was your batts after all. That's good! Now you don't have to dump more money on another driver.

Ok, so, can you fit an 18650 cell in there? They are 18mm's wide and 65mm's long :)

yea im glad :D but im gonna build a 1W so i need the micro boost drive and i found an heatsink that slips on the aixiz module also i need thermal paste and a good host and glass lens and im done :D ohh about the battery i use 2 AA battery holders so can i use the 18650 cell?

LaZeRz

Yep, 18650 cells will work with a blue, but you need to heatsink it.

Also, they won't fit in your AA holder. You need to either remove the holder or buy a 14500 lithium ion (AA size)

can i solder the case pic to the negative pin because i i cant solder the care pin to the null i have to bend it all the way and it will touch the other pins, will it work?