Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Waterproof laser pointer, 532nm/200mw from Aliexpress.

Asix

Hi guys this is my first review !

I just bought this from Aliexpress : High quality focusable 200mw green laser waterproof pointer-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I wanted a waterproof (dustproof at least) green laser pointer with enough visible light power to illuminate the night sky and maybe burn things...
And I'm not really disappointed ! Here are some specs provided by the seller :

Wavelength: 532nm
Output Power: 200mw
Battery: 1pcs 1865
Divergence: <5×5mm at 10 m
Focusable: Yes
Temperature protection: Yes (Avoid heat)
Waterproof: Yes
Focus Lens: Coated Glass
size: 152mm x 24mmx24mm

... Which are globally accurate but I will talk about that later.

>The laser comes in a shitty bubble wrap, but we don't care of this :D
The host is cool, anodizing is decent, you can focus, the threads are lubricated (OMG) and you can disassemble everything including the emitter (I didn't tried). It's also waterproof ! There are silicon seals on the threads and there is an AR coated glass lens in front of the focus lens to stop water :yh:. I will not try it into water but I think you can go into a hard rain with it without any problems.

>There is a water-stopping lens.

>It's powered by a 18650 battery. Something wrong is that the switch is a reverse (flashlight) switch so you can't momentary on.

>The beam is bright. It emits almost no IR : I have another greenie that is less less brighter and that burns my hand, this doesn't burn my hand at all (green light is reflected by my skin) but it burns black plastic as well as my other greenie that seems to be an IR machine.
I'd say this on exceeds 100mW but I have nothing to confirm. Moreover, the emitter is well aligned (not perfectly).

>As you can see the beam is also quite clear, the lens seems to be a glass one and this thing is thermally regulated that is pretty cool. In practice it decreases its power after 2 minutes on.
This feature is really interesting to protect the diode.
I putted it in the fridge to check and this is true : The time before it dims increases when the temperature of the laser is low.

>The beam when the power decreases because of the temperature (the host isn't hot) :

>Finally this is a comparison with, from left to right : 750mW HL445 laserbtb pointer, a little greenie (5mW+++ overspec), this ''laser 603'' from Aliex. In practice it's hard to compare the brightness of 445 with 532 but that gives you an idea. The infinite focus is also decent.

So I'm satisfied with this laser even if it was a little expensive (72$), but the thermal regulated driver, the full green emitter and the waterproof host are pricy features. I'm going to use it for astronomy and I hope my review will be useful for you ! (sorry if my English isn't correct, I'm not a native)

I'll be there to talk if you want to !

Last edited:

how do u know it emits no IR ? its an ok laser but for that money i would just saved up money and bought it a real 200mW greeen if u wanted that, i doubt its onspec but still over 100 i think..

Asix

The 532nm light only heats up dark things while IR light can burn paper and skin. This laser is very bright (large amount of green light), it doesn't heats up the skin at all but it burns plastic so I can deduce it emits a small amount of IR.

What ''real'' 200mW can you find for this money ?

Last edited:

kilter

The 532nm light only heats up dark things while IR light can burn paper and skin. This laser is very bright (large amount of green light), it doesn't heats up the skin at all but it burns plastic so I can deduce it emits a small amount of IR.

What ''real'' 200mW can you find for this money ?

Just because it doesn't burn skin doesn't mean that it doesn't contain IR. You can have a 100mw green laser but 50mw of ir, and the ir won't burn your skin or paper. Be careful!

Here, you can get a REAL 150mw metered pen from laserbtb / skylasers

http://laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=83

Last edited:
I bought a 200mW laser from Aliexpress that burns black things, and burn my skin, this doesn't tell that there's no IR coming from it.

Can you provide some more info? Like focus range, beam diameter, beam divergence and input current? I'll like to compare with my laser from Aliexpress.

I can't talk much because my first high power green laser was a 303 that I payed U$80,00 (now I find it for U$8,00), if you're satisfied with it, is that what counts. :yh:

Last edited:

Encap

You will never really know what the green output is unless you can find a member to measure it for you both with and without an IR filter. Important point is you like it and find it useful for your purposes.

Laser 603 has been around for a while - one member reported on a Laser 603 back in late 2012

Looks to be the same as this one which is promoted as 50-100mW 50mW-100mW 532nm Focusable Waterproof Green Laser Pointer (603) (Silver)

Here is another selling Laser 603 saying it is 50mW 532nm Green waterproof Laser Pointer Lazer Pen + Focus + Smart Battery Charger + 3000mAh 18650 Rechargeable Battery + Gift Box-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group they make a 300mW version also http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/300mw-532nm-green-high-power-laser-waterproof-pointer-single-point-laser-pointer/207442_568314976.html They seem to be an OK lighting company and offer some nice modules too http://www.aliexpress.com/store/207442

Nice waterproof to 50 meters lasers at laserbtb Diving laser 50 meters

Last edited:

Asix

This laser consumes 370mA on a 4.1V 18650. When I say It emits a small amount of IR it's just an approximation.
The beam diameter is higher than other greenies, you can see this on my last picture.

Last edited:
for the price its alright i guess but for green i would prefer to have an ir filter installed and know what true power output the laser is.

Is normal to these lasers have bad divergence, did you measured it? You can find here in the forum how to proceed.

At 370mA there's no way to be a true 200mW laser, seems like 50~75mW (most Chinese lasers are in this power range, IR+Green).

Last edited:

Asix

So how to find a Chinese that is surely more powerful than 50-75mW under 100$ (not a laserbtb pointer) ?

Last edited:
Not easy, those are unbranded lasers that are manufactured massively. If you want real power, I can't recommend anything. Most advertised as "burn matches" or "burning lasers" are just like the ones that you and I bought.

Looking at SkyLasers store on Aliexpress, you can have a idea (yes, you can find LaserBTB in this store, and the crappy lasers):

200MW 532NM HANDHLED GREEN LASER POINTER PEN BGP0019A(1*18650 INCLUED)

S569 Portable 100mW 532nm Green Laser Starry Laser Pointer Pen (Gray)
Review here:

Last edited:

Podo

So how to find a Chinese that is surely more powerful than 50-75mW under 100$ (not a laserbtb pointer) ?

You can cosider our sanwu chanllenger series:

Set 2: 515nm 50mw single mode($80) or even 200mw 520nm for $150

Just under $100. It would be around 60mw stable with a cool solid host and it is waterproof, submersible too.

And diode laser have much longer lifespan than 532 pointer for sure.

Last edited:
i got a laser from laserbtb (a 100mw 532nm IR filtered handheld version) and it still burns my hand, so i don't know if the ir really has an effect on whether it can burn your hand or not.

Encap

I don't think you will have much luck for under $100---just more of the same as you already have or worse mostly.

You can have a look at O-Like they have several pages of 532nm to offer - a lot of people on LPF have bought from them. They sell low end lasers but good low end that are up to spec generally speaking. Green laser : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce How about this one---only $143 stated output > 350mW 532nm http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=439&zenid=64hloi095stc3jotlt32pembh0 or this one for $139 532nm > 350mW http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=433&zenid=64hloi095stc3jotlt32pembh0 Those price are as low as I have ever seen for > 350mW. Short duty cycle, no IR filter, so-so quality mass produced host but price very low and if like other O-like products will be up to spec.

If you want good quality lasers at reasonable prices, output up to or overspec., from a reliable source then laserbtb is the best choice.

If you want exceptional quality professional level products at reasonable prices and best customer service in the business then JetLasers is the place to go JETLASERS.ORG however, their 532mn lasers start at 300mW.

Last edited: