Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warning to all Mac users

AnthoT

There is a new Mac Trojan called "flashback" and it has hit quite hard already over half a million macs are infected :(. I own a Mac and I checked and I dot have it but I would like to make everyone who owns a Mac know there is a new virus. Here is a link to check and see if you have it and instructions on how to remove it if you do mac and i: Flashback - Detect and remove the uprising Mac OS X Trojan

There is essentially nothing you can do to prevent it until apple patches it. but removing it is quite easy. It is installed onto your mac using java so it can be on a website you visit everyday and you won't even know it because it runs in the background.
Anyway this is just to let everyone know.

Run this in command to know
MAC VIRUS DETECTION COMMAND: /Applications/safari.app/contents/infoDYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
IF IT IS THERE THEN DELETE USING
Defaults delete ~/.MacOSX/environmentDYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
launchctl unsetenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

Just copy paste that in command to be sure it's easy to remove but apple should have patched it since windows and Linux patched this particular Trojan 3 months ago

Last edited: