Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warning about Laserman (Dino Direct)...buyers beware...

It has now been around two weeks since I received my "guaranteed power" Firedragon "500mw" laser from the most recent GB arranged by RHD. I, as well as others (sure to pipe in here), received lasers that were very under spec and had other quality issues forcing a request for a refund.

My particular laser only maxed at about 380mw and settles to a lousy 320mw stable output. Of that approximately 30mw is IR output.

In addition it had cross threaded threads on the tail cap that required the use of a vice and a pair of channel lock pliers to remove...now the threads are very rough and make it difficult to to remove and replace the tail cap.

The switch appears to have loose wiring as it requires constant pressure on the switch to get the lousy 320mw it makes...removing pressure from the switch further drops the output by about 25%.

That's the start of the problems with Laserman...

I immediately contacted them to request a refund and here's where the issues began. First they responded saying they couldn't verify what I said about the laser but offered me a $15 coupon to use at their website.

From the first day I requested an RMA number for return and to date have not received one.

It took two weeks for them to agree to finally take the laser back and give me a return address to ship it to.

Their return policy clearly states the offer a FULL refund in the case the laser is not to the power specs or if there is other quality issues. A full refund
implies just that...refunding all expenses incurred...this they refuse to do as well, they will not agree to cover return shipping costs. Their policy is clearly stated on their website and only in the case of a "7 day no questions asked refund" do they state the return shipping is at the buyers expense...all other return statements guarantee a FULL refund (I.e not to power spec, damaged, broken, not working, etc..)

Since I have started the process of requesting a refund it has been one road block after another. They have continually tried to shrug their responsibility as a reputable seller to provide any sort of true customer service.

All communications have been slow, confusing, and evasive. At one point after multiple emails requesting a return and refund I was told my laser was shipped and it took 7-14 days to arrive and that I should be patient! It was as if they weren't even reading my emails.

My last response from them was instructions on how to return the laser...this included the requirement for me to lie on the customs declaration form and write the value of the laser to be $10...well, that may actually be true but it is not what I paid for it and that request is a request to break the law which I will not do. I have told them I am not willing to lie on the customs form and asked if they would still honor the return if I was accurate in filing these forms...this was three days ago and after three repeat emails advising the same, I have still not heard from them.

The policies they list at their website are for show only...they have no intention of providing any real customer service at Laserman.

I have been forced to file a dispute with my Credit Card company over this fiasco. Fortunately I have a great relationship with my company and they have already refunded me and charged Laserman back. This is unfortunately not the case with some of the others who received poor products, they are having to invest up to $75 more of their own money to get their refunds.

To date, this has been the worst company I have delt with. They have no intentions of honoring their policy, cannot effectively communicate in English in a timely manner, and sell crappy products.

If you are considering using Laserman please go elsewhere...I wish I had. In the end you get what you pay for and sometime you get even less. With Laserman there is a good likelihood you will get less and if you intend to try to return or get a refund you will definitely get the runaround.

With other reputable sellers out there like O-like selling superior products at similar prices it just doesn't make sense to continue to support these bad business practices at Laserman.

So, buyers beware! Make it a pass when it comes to Laserman...

jimdt7

Not a good start for Lasersman :gun:
You can rarely communicate with them correctly.

Jim

I hope you linked this thread back to them showing how
they shot themselves in the foot for not giving you at least
some basic customer service and posting Dishonest Return
Policies in their website.

Do you have a link to the GB where you bought that crappy
Laser....:thinking:

Jerry

The only redeeming part of the whole experience is Kath...I must give credit where credit is due. She has been 100% as helpful as she can be....unfortunately her hands are tied I believe when it comes to this part of the equation.

As far as my ongoing campaign to show the world Laserman's true colors....I plan to do an entire review of the laser when I return home for the holidays and post links to every pertinent thread and forum to this thread, the GB thread, and the review. There are also about four other laser forums I have or am about to join who have similar areas to post information like this. I will be going to each thread once a week for a year to bump the posting back up to the top so it stays visible. Once all is in place Laserman will get a few emails with links to what THEY have created. I may send them an email once a month to remind them.

do I take pleasure in doing this....well, I am starting to sadly.... until now this type of visibility has not been available and I do enjoy the fact you can actually make a real impact on the marketplace.

and for the record I have nothing but thanks for RHD's efforts in arranging the GB, I hope he will continue these efforts in the future...with other companies.

Also, If Laserman does not pay to have their laser returned and my refund sticks after 45 days I have decided to auction off the laser after I fix the internal wiring problem (I have already repaired to threads on the tail cap) and from the proceeds pay for the return postage on Plexus return and any others who contact me and had to pay for their return as well...if there are funds left over they will be donated to the forum.

I have already contacted O-like to purchase one of their 500mw greens to replace this one.

Still have not heard from them regarding the customs declaration issue...I have emailed them three times now requesting a response and telling them I would have to write down $341 instead of the $10 they instructed me to write.