Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wanting to purchase rpl style barrel, sonar barrel

Kenom

I'm looking to get my hands on a empty rpl style laser barrel. I have never seen how the shutter works on these and need to see some examples of how it's done to incorporate something like it in a future barrel design. That and the safety switches and dongle. anyone have a broken rpl, ppl, sky or anything with the safety features intact please contact me.

I'd also like to have a sonar barrel and am wiling to trade one of my barrels w/ driver for one.

Re: wanting to purchase rpl style barrel, sonar ba

kenom the shutter i believe rides on a set of rails and just slides back and forth along them. the shutter has a hole in it and when the little tab is pushed twoards the aperature it allows the output out through a hole that is the size of the aperature opening. when pulled back the output is cut off by part with no hole.

Hope this helps,
Mitch

Kenom

Re: wanting to purchase rpl style barrel, sonar ba

yeah it does. gives me another angle to go by. That unfortunetly is not the only thing I was wanting to investigate. I was going to do two circles pinned together that have holes that line up only one place out of the entire spin. I still need to get my hands on just the barrel. don't care if there's optics, cyrstals or anything like that.