Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wanted: Sticky for Circuits of Common  Driver

danq

I hope I'm not asking for something already here, but haven't seen this anywhere - is there a thread of circuit schematics for common drivers? Like what's in flashlights ( eg Dorcy), drop-in boards (AMC7135), LM317, the simple 2-transistor, etc.

It would be nice to have a moderated thread, with only one post per circuit - not cluttered with discussion. The discussion about the circuits could go in separate threads (there could be a link at each circuit post to a discussion thread)

like this:

Topic (sticky): Common Driver Circuit Schematics
    • Daedal's LM317
    • Fred's 2-transistor
    • XYZ Flashlight
    • Cree 31234567
Topic: AMC7135 circuit discussion
    • you dummy, that's a component! what's it doing in this list of circuits?
    • can I run a 7500 Watt diode off this?
Topic: Daedal's LM317 circuit discussion
    • No, it's right
    • will a 2Meg pot work for this?
    • depends - do you have a vernier?
...etc

sound like a good idea?

DanQ

Re: wanted: Sticky for Circuits of Common  Driver

Well, with most of those regulators like the LM317, you can google the spec sheet and find a bunch of example circuits.

danq

Re: wanted: Sticky for Circuits of Common  Dr

pseudonomen137 said:
Well, with most of those regulators like the LM317, you can google the spec sheet and find a bunch of example circuits.
Right - I do that - but not everyone here knows to do that; and not everyone can adapt those for a relevant use. How many people here can combine or mod a pwm circuit with a current regulator? I can, but...

But maybe my examples weren't good. Although I think generic circuits would be useful, what I'm really after is schematics of commercially-assembled things, where the schematic may not be available publically - like the driver that comes in, for example, the 50mw green laser from DX, or what's in DX flashlight sku #9999. Or the specs for the newest Photon Proton driver.

DanQ

Re: wanted: Sticky for Circuits of Common  Driver

Danq,
I think you have a great idea, I am one of those of which you speak, I can build anything, but I do not have a widespread electronics background, so I depend on duplicating the work of others, otherwise I could not participate. :'(
I would like to keep up with the more advanced builders here on the board and it would really help to have a clear referance.
Even as it is, this board is an incredible source of knowledge and pier review, the scientific process at work ;D
Thank you to everyone ;)
Dark Horse