Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted: ps3 diode. **RESOLVED**

I'm looking to make a weak bluray, so I wanted a ps3 diode. I got a sled recently, but the br diode I don't think worked. (it was sold as is, and had a red x on the box and the sled, but the red works. I don't know if that means the BR was dead or not, but I think it is a little dishonest to sell something that you know is dead "as is" without stating that it's dead.)

Anyway, now that I have a sled, I don't really need another, so I just want a diode. I'm looking for something really cheap, to make it worth my while to get a ps3 diode instead of a phr diode.

Thanks,
Andy

Re: Wanted: ps3 diode.

the phr diodes going around the forum will probably be cheaper and can be ran at a lower current. ;)

daguin

As Drew said, the PHR is the least expensive violet available. I don't know how low you want to turn it though. If you want a diode that will lase at a lower threshold than the PHR, I have a few SF-AD112 diodes here. They will lase below 30mA and will still be reliable. The "top" for these is around 50mW. I run them at 10mW and below regularly in my lecture pointers. They are $15 as opposed to ~$13 for the PHR.

Peace,
dave

$2 isn't much, and I'd much rather have a lower power pointer that I can play with around other people (and show my friends) and not have to be paranoid about anyone going blind. I'm thinking I want to run it from 5-10mW.

Anyway, would you be willing to sell one to me? $15 shipped (I live in Michigan)?

Thanks,
Andy

daguin

adcurtin said:
$2 isn't much, and I'd much rather have a lower power pointer that I can play with around other people (and show my friends) and not have to be paranoid about anyone going blind. I'm thinking I want to run it from 5-10mW.
Anyway, would you be willing to sell one to me? $15 shipped (I live in Michigan)?
Thanks,
Andy

You've got it. I'll PM you with PayPal info. Do you want me to remove it from the heat sink for you? These are a little tough.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
Do you want me to remove it from the heat sink for you?  These are a little tough...
kind of like the dt-0811 diodes? ive still got one of those sleds laying around i havent touched yet b/c its a pain to remove. :p