Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted: 'Empty' 803T sleds

That is to say after the 405nm laser diode (and 650/780nm laser diode if thats the case) have been extracted. I'm after the remaining sled and the optics in it provided they are undisturbed and in good condition. PM and name what you think is a fair price.

are you lighting them on fire??? lol

and I'll continually have more empty sleds available as I sell the diodes. I'm not trying to make a killing on these and offer them for $2 each to cover shipping / paypal fees for a single order. have 2 at the moment and will have 4 by tonight ( have to harvest more ).

DrLaser posted the link above :)

Naw. I'm not setting fire to them ;) Weeeell, maybe one or two...
I just want the optics for various experiments.

LikeitBright said:
Naw. I'm not setting fire to them ;) Weeeell, maybe one or two...
I just want the optics for various experiments.
Well after you pull the optics from the sled is when you can set fire to them. ;)

scareg

other than setting stuff on fire is awesome
why would you light this on fire I'd rather go for newspaper or some flamable chemicals.
I just don't see the point in lighting a circuit board on fire.

scareg said:
why would you light this on fire I'd rather go for newspaper or some flamable chemicals.

it's not the circuit board, the metal housing itself is an aluminum/magnesium alloy and burns very interestingly ;)

scareg said:
entertainment generally doesn't need a point. it's just fun.

a similar point could be made about lasers in general. besides medical use, i don't really much point in them besides them being so cool! (aka entertainment)