Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WANTED: Blu-Ray Flashlight

rhd

No, I'm not selling that one - I mean I hadn't planned to. But I don't have any emotional attachment to it, so I'd be happy to sell it if you thought it was something you wanted.

Hi Raccoon, just wanted to chime in here.

I have the O-Like 405 NM 400mw laser and I also have that P60 Style UV UltraViolet LED Drop In that I have put into a SMALL SUN ZY-A10 Cree Q5 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1 x 18650).

SMALL SUN ZY-A10 Cree Q5 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1 x 18650)

I can say that the drop in and flashlight are less expensive, but I do think the O-like does a better job of putting out more light . In the dark, that flashlight and drop in do a good job of making items flouresce, but during the day, you wouldn't be able to see items flourescing very well. You can use the focus on the laser to get a much better defined area for examination. The drop in lamp in the flashlight loses a lot of it's power beyond 15 feet or so.

If I had to choose between the two, I would get the O-like for the flexibility, focus and greater power, but the flashlight and drop-in do a decent job.

I build a lot of UV lights that might interest you.

One is a triple PHR with reflectors (375mw).
The light was designed for 405nm UV inspection duties,
with fairly long duty cycles (~15 min.).

I used a triple reflector to concentrate the light in a narrow beam.
It does not utilize aspheric lenses on the PHR's.
mx1.jpg

Triple-PHR-Light Link

It is available if you are interested.

The second is a Hi-power 6 Watt UV LED light with deep reflector:

uv8s1.jpg

The second light has the longest throw due to the better focus.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
A Uv p60 dropin in the 405nm and a smooth reflector and you'll see it light up that poster at 25+ feet. An orangepeel reflector will drop that distance to about 6-10 feet.