Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wanted: 200+mW Red Laser

I'm new to this forum and lasers. I'd like to purchase a red laser that will light matches, pop balloons etc. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Well it wont have to be more than 200mw to do those, my diy red can light fireworsk from 4 ft and it will light matches from 2 and pop baloons from one end of my living room which is huge to the other end in about 5 sec, Look in the expireiments and mods section, go to the threads of interest in the top of it and it shows how to build a driver for one, or it shows how to put it in various flashlights, If you dont want to build one you could check out the buy,sell,trade section and people often sell their diy reds.

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

I'm willing to pay $100 give or take a bit. I might try to make one eventually, but I'd just like to buy my first one. It doesn't really have to be greater than 200mw, I'd settle for 150-200mw.

rayser42 said:
I'm willing to pay $100 give or take a bit. I might try to make one eventually, but I'd just like to buy my first one.  It doesn't really have to be greater than 200mw, I'd settle for 150-200mw.

just so you have an idea the cheapest you'll get is roughly a dollar per mw, someone correct me if i'm wrong but that's about as cheap as it gets.

wooooooolazer said:
Well it wont have to be more than 200mw to do those, my diy red can light fireworsk from 4 ft and it will light matches from 2 and pop baloons from one end of my living room which is huge to the other end in about 5 sec,  Look in the expireiments and mods section,  go to the threads of interest in the top of it and it shows how to build a driver for one, or it shows how to put it in various flashlights,  If you dont want to build one you could check out the buy,sell,trade section and people often sell their diy reds.

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

what mw is your diy???

Well from hemlocks mike power curve it is about 185mw to light them tho i need to focus it to a small dot but after i do that it lights them easy ;D

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

In a while (when i get the parts), I can sell u a red laser ~185mW for under $100... or if u want one _now_ try Kenom, i tihnk his are $130!

Kenom

I do indeed sell them for $130 and I'm in the process of making 6 right now so now's the time to hop on board.

My lasers come with a heatsink/spacer inside the head for increased duty cycle.  therein lies the value in my lasers.

Rated at 150mw minimum average seems to be about 180mw.

That sounds good Kenom. Just let me know when you will have them ready, so we can work out the details. Thank you.

Kenom

they are ready to go. I make them when they are ordered. If your interested PM me. I'll be shipping 5 or 6 out tomorrow.