Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want/where to buy high power 532nm green laser modules?

diachi

Thanks, way good to know. More mass for sinking? Would the whole set up be bigger as far as crystal's etc.

More mass for heatsinking/contact area for transferring heat. More space for optics and pump diode too.

So I shot an email to lasever and got this:

Dear Zach,

We can sell single unit of laser. The price is $350 for 500mW 532nm laser module, $550 for 1000mW 532nm laser module.

Best regards,

David Wu

Soooooo yeah that's a little expensive. Maybe they'd be willing to lower it in a group buy or something

May sound expensive compared to these new 520nm diodes we're seeing, but that's a pretty attractive price to the eyes of someone who's been out of the loop for a year or two.

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Z, speaking of being out of the loop for a while, it's nice to see you back and posting again! :beer:

Someone might have gotten a pretty awesome score just now:D:D:D

I'll update when I'm sure everything is in order;)

Alright:D

So me and Gray from JetLasers have settled on a deal for a 600mW 532nm laser module!:D It should be in the mail within a few days and in my hands a few after that:D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to see that Gray could fix you up with a 532nm module.
I figured that if anyone could help, it would be Gray. you can't beat the customer service that you get from J/L, Gray! :beer:

Yeah sadly it's hard to find a portable cheap module that will actually do green above a couple hundred milliwatts. Once you get past about 200- 300 mW cooling starts to become a real issue ... you need 3W+ of pump power to even consider trying to get into those power ranges, which is quite hard to sink well in a handheld with any level or reliability. And this is to say nothing of size and power consumption. If you want anything of reasonable quality it's quite expensive to make something that powerful.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Alright:D

So me and Gray from JetLasers have settled on a deal for a 600mW 532nm laser module!:D It should be in the mail within a few days and in my hands a few after that:D

Nice! 600mW is quite the power output for 532nm, how big is the module if you've got sizes of it?