Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

want to convert your image to ILDA?

magus

I hear people ask this a lot.
There are some programs that can do that. Quickshow can't export back to ILDA and the programs that can do this are a bit expensive for this.

So if you'll like your bitmap logo or some other graphic to be converted to ILDA file just post it here or pm it to me if you don't want to post it publicly and I'll convert it or trace it manually if needed. It really doesn't take a long time at all.
When I was starting myself and didn't have expensive programs others did stuff for me like this for free. My turn to help.
If others would like to help be my guest.

Last edited:

magus

Hi. I don't use a converter mostly, I trace manually. Automatic converters don't always work too well, especially for low-res or compressed graphics like the above one I traced.

Hi. I don't use a converter mostly, I trace manually. Automatic converters don't always work too well, especially for low-res or compressed graphics like the above one I traced.
OK, thanks for response, and a software to make animation text, i have iShow and can trace a Logo, and make a text, just don't know how to make them move, just static, please recommend me some ILD file maker program to make animations, thanks

magus

OK, thanks for response, and a software to make animation text, i have iShow and can trace a Logo, and make a text, just don't know how to make them move, just static, please recommend me some ILD file maker program to make animations, thanks
Tenumex, send me a pm, email, or make a thread and I'll tell you the options. Don't want to go off topic. But basically you have to choose between what hobbyists would consider overpriced software or relatively cheap but with a steep learning curve.

Last edited:

OldNo7

+1 for the generous offer from magus.

If your image is in a vector format already there's a python script that comes with OpenLase that does a good job of converting SVG files to Ilda. One of our forum members converted it to a web app.

SVG to Ilda

Last edited:

magus

Yes, if you have an SVG file or similar instead of JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIF, TGA, etc. and it does not have embedded pixel data, then you can use automatic tools like the one above.
The ones I've tried have problems with always getting the color data right though, like when you have one side of something blue and the other say white (like in the pepsi logo) and it adds a line where they separate and needs to color it.

Ok so you are using a program to essentially re-draw the graphic into a vector format correct? Then how do you convert it from a vector file format to something (ILDA) that lasers use?

magus

Been away for few months.
Okay, so I haven't tried OLA myself. From the description it seems it can import SVG. Many tools can export to SVG. Inkscape is a good vector drawing program and is free.

I personally use a program which exports to DXF, then use this program called "ILD SOS" to convert the DXF to ILDA. https://innolasers.com/shop/index.php?id_product=16&controller=product
The program allows to optimize the frame to work better with a specific scanner type by removing unnecessary points and adding points where needed (eg. sharp corners). Depending on how OLA does the covnersion, you might not need such a separate feature.

soufiane

Pleas help me for converte to ILDA thx

Attachments

• Chivas XV Bottletest1.png
    Chivas XV Bottletest1.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 1