Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Want a new laser, parents don't want me to buy

Jumping straight to a 1W laser is risky in itself IMO. When I started out my parents said I'd have to get a "safe" one to prove I could handle not hitting planes, as they'd heard about people doing that on the news, so after like 6 months of having a 5mW green and not crossing paths with the law they were cool with my 150mW green, and the next ten lasers. The whole family is now accepting of my very niche hobby and amazed by them. :D

I got a 5mw (later metered at closer to 30mw) DX laser or two, then told my parents I was going to get something bigger. My father didn't care, my mother worried until I convinced her about safety, etc.

Maybe it wasn't the wisest jump, but I survived 5mw -> 1.2W without loosing my eyesight, and I've had a lot of fun with it.

Spoiled brats never win in the long run, be ready for a surprise in life :whistle:

im seventeen and i have the 1W spartan and my mum didn't want me to buy it but i didn't tell her and ordered it anyway so i say just order it and when it arrives theirs nothing they can do