Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wannaburn Smallest SS 1.5W Laser

Ash

Wow. Thorough review Plexus. Interesting temperature graphs, and it looks like you have longer run times than I have with the cheap DX 10440s I'm using. I'll have to get some of those AWs from lighthound.
I have one of these, and I am impressed by the tiny size, but it really isn't a laser you can run on high for very long. I mostly use mine in low mode with a AAA.

@wannaburn,
Is there an ON/OFF clicky switch available for that Trust Fire XP build? Maybe from DX.
Thanx

@lasersbee,
Jerry, it's nice 2 see you back in town!!

jayrob

Jay should make kit out of this host :whistle:
One of the best 445nm builds I saw damn great !!

Actually I ordered 10 of these hosts, and was planning a kit...

Then I saw this review, and so I contacted wannaburn to offer the 10 hosts to him. (8 actually - they are so nice, I want to keep a couple for personal)

I did not know that he was already offering it when I had ordered the hosts...

JLSE

Wow. Thorough review Plexus. Interesting temperature graphs, and it looks like you have longer run times than I have with the cheap DX 10440s I'm using. I'll have to get some of those AWs from lighthound.
I have one of these, and I am impressed by the tiny size, but it really isn't a laser you can run on high for very long. I mostly use mine in low mode with a AAA.

That's exactly what the modes are for.. You can use a 3.6v in the low mode @ 80~100mW.
Pulsed in low runs a lot longer than in high mode.. No need to use a 1.5v unless 100mW is too
high for you.. Output vs size was the idea for these..

@wannaburn,
Is there an ON/OFF clicky switch available for that Trust Fire XP build? Maybe from DX.
Thanx

Not sure what you are asking... If you are referring to the pens
almost all i've used have a clicky..

Actually I ordered 10 of these hosts, and was planning a kit...

Then I saw this review, and so I contacted wannaburn to offer the 10 hosts to him. (8 actually - they are so nice, I want to keep a couple for personal)

I did not know that he was already offering it when I had ordered the hosts...

A courtesy that is greatly appreciated.. The funny part of this is I always keep
an eye on what hosts you offer to avoid buying the same..

With all the different kits you offer, I am running out of options :D

I thought the different modes were accessed by clicking the tail switch a few times. I wasn't really interested in the modes. Just ON to 1+w and OFF to 0w. I think I'd be interested in one if it didn't have the modes. But then an alternate clicky would be needed. Or am I just confused! Thanx

Ash

That's exactly what the modes are for.. You can use a 3.6v in the low mode @ 80~100mW.

Pulsed in low runs a lot longer than in high mode.. No need to use a 1.5v unless 100mW is too

high for you.. Output vs size was the idea for these..

That's exactly why I bought it because it was one of the lowest-power 445's. I have been using mine as a presentation pointer (inside) on the 1.5v low mode, and as a distance pointer (daytime-outside) with the 10440 4.2v. Although, on a full 1.5v, the 30mW is a bit too bright to use for presentations in a dark room. When a standard Duracell or Energizer battery gets down to 75%, the dot is more like ~10mW and is perfect.
professor_of_anatomy.gif

I thought the different modes were accessed by clicking the tail switch a few times. I wasn't really interested in the modes. Just ON to 1+w and OFF to 0w. I think I'd be interested in one if it didn't have the modes. But then an alternate clicky would be needed. Or am I just confused! Thanx
Confused. :thinking:
The tail clicky is simply an on-off. The mode-switching happens on the driver board. Short-click (less than 2 seconds) switches between modes (low/med/high) and a long click (longer than 2 seconds) leaves the driver in the same mode. So just build one with a regular boost driver (single mode [high]), it would use the same tail-clicky. :beer:

Last edited: