Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Waiting on a new laser is BRUTAL.

Jrg0405

I have been waiting on my laser from laser pointer store for nearly two weeks and I can just not stand it much longer. I wish there was an expedited shipping option I would’ve paid $50 for it! Anyways, I’d love to hear some fun stories from you all about your laser or anything laser related at all! I need to live vicariously through you all!

where in TX?
SOME Texans have been working on Laser Meets in Houston- DFW- Austin & San Antonio (where TEXLEM 2012 happened) and more-- PLEASE put your location into your profile that really helps us to help you better.. and invite you to the next TEXLEM .

hak

texas laser enthausists meet or LEM- where ya beenJK?
SELEM (<google that) has happened for iirf 13 or 14 years now- we lost the venue and the trump flu did not help.
SO BOLO for a place to hold (next spring prolly) an DFWLEM ==hosting has advantages== no hotel room $$ unless you want. les costs th eat BUT I never felt it had any impact since we eat everyday. BUT those who can afford like to eat out at least one night- at SELEM we were using their kitchen to finish cooking and serving spaghetti w/ meatballs- pizza is often ordered to be delivered-- we want to use every minute of the LEM doing lasers everything about lasers= PJ and shows. we stay up talking and sleep very little= at most LEMs the guy who need stay at Holiday I E and they serve a pretty good free morning feed.

My 1rst 2 out of 5) SELEMS I won door prizes worth ~$500 --The BS&T area is a big plus---we price what we want to sell or trade- everybody checks out what's there and go find the owner to finish the deal.. never any problems-Most big LEMs are closed to the general public..and EVERYONE must sign before entering a waiver of liability-- too many dangerouse thing - we want full access so that is part of the deal.. even the night watchman and the janitor sign-- we had 3 venues at same location--started as a one nighter=and growing big fast IF we could get the right place Houston or DFW etc could be the next SELEM ..that would be cool.
suggest you join the other forum soon- the search of ytube vids will take you there.. do this in their /meets and greets/
section. also the LEMs are organized there including pop=ups that can happen any time-- a few forum members are going to meet soon in DFW soon..if needed someone can bring a LPM- I do not believe what some sellers say about power. JOIN us-- meet the guys- new friendships.
at AliBaba they lie everytime and no returns !!!
DFW is ripe for a LEM also--good members up there.
a lot of ride share goes on-- most of us are not wealthy.

we will meet on a sat or sun-- looking a great place for us.to eat.--if you ever make it to Houston on a weekend- some TX members .will greet you.

WARNING LASERS- LEMs, LASER PROJECTORS- LASER SHOWS ARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. Not too late to run away!! hahah

Last edited:

Jrg0405

This seems like it may be my next hobby! Thank You for all of the information. I would love to meet more people that love lasers. I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff and there is so much to learn.

my bad- got you mixed up with new member in Houston..
imo it may be more likely that DFWLEM will happen in 2021 before other cities....
big plus up there is a member who does music and laser show
..his wife really sing.. they are members of 'Bricks in the Wall'
the first and best pink floyd tribute band- they do a lot at house/blues. live in Cedar hills- and no way would we plan a LEM where we did not get to go to the concert..
hak

KayEm

I remember when I was waiting for my first laser. It was the 304 red from Sanwu. I never received it, because it got withheld by customs. Turns out Sanwu had declared the value in Hong Kong dollars and the customs of my country found it easier to ask me for the purchase documents instead of converting the currency by themselves. Since the real value was above 22 Euros (the current VAT exemption in EU), I chose to return the package back to Sanwu. Now I think it was a great decision - no need to pay that much money for a simple 200 mw red laser (would have been around 40 Euros with all the taxes).

Currently I am waiting for 2 lasers from Trinh Hong Phuoc, a member of this forum, and I'm super excited. One is a 1w green, the other one is a 300mw red (638nm) in a brass host for 14500 battery. This is by far the most serious laser purchase I have made, and it may be my last one too, although you never know with lasers. Anyway, which one are you getting from LPS?

Jrg0405

I remember when I was waiting for my first laser. It was the 304 red from Sanwu. I never received it, because it got withheld by customs. Turns out Sanwu had declared the value in Hong Kong dollars and the customs of my country found it easier to ask me for the purchase documents instead of converting the currency by themselves. Since the real value was above 22 Euros (the current VAT exemption in EU), I chose to return the package back to Sanwu. Now I think it was a great decision - no need to pay that much money for a simple 200 mw red laser (would have been around 40 Euros with all the taxes).

Currently I am waiting for 2 lasers from Trinh Hong Phuoc, a member of this forum, and I'm super excited. One is a 1w green, the other one is a 300mw red (638nm) in a brass host for 14500 battery. This is by far the most serious laser purchase I have made, and it may be my last one too, although you never know with lasers. Anyway, which one are you getting from LPS?
I am getting the 1w 301 450nm. I am now realizing that I should have just gotten a Thor M II I’ve hear the quality control on the 301’s isn’t the greatest. I’m just hoping for the best. Next I will probably buy a higher quality laser rather than going for more power. The ETA on my laser is probably no more than 3-4 days at this point. I can’t wait.

Good choice for a red.. 635s-638s are much brighter than 650 etc.
I like the 'orange red' shade.
Always protect your eyes.

hak

gazer101

I am getting the 1w 301 450nm. I am now realizing that I should have just gotten a Thor M II I’ve hear the quality control on the 301’s isn’t the greatest. I’m just hoping for the best. Next I will probably buy a higher quality laser rather than going for more power. The ETA on my laser is probably no more than 3-4 days at this point. I can’t wait.
Only 2 weeks?! That's crazy fast, I usually have to wait 1-2 months for my parts