Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

W0w this laser is really cheap.

Yea, suspected as much. Somehow a boatload of 40 people thought so though :p

gozert

I've seen the exact same lasers being sold as "20000 mW" and such. It's just another cheap crappy laser.

I shop at that store 3000mW model: 3000mW Blue Laser Pointer (445nm) | Buy Blue, Red, Violet, Green Laser Pointerl
and can confirm that the power is true. I had the Artic of WickedLasers (2W), Spartan Blue laser of DragonLasers (1.8W) and BlueTor of TorLaser (2W) (and this store is more powerful, as is logical, 3W, so that the power must be real or be close Wto it.

As gozert says, lasers 20000mW will always be false and more in other colors other than blue. I think maybe 5000mW is the actual maximum, I'm not sure.

Greetings! ;)

Last edited:

Sta

I shop at that store 3000mW model: 3000mW Blue Laser Pointer (445nm) | Buy Blue, Red, Violet, Green Laser Pointerl
and can confirm that the power is true. I had the Artic of WickedLasers (2W), Spartan Blue laser of DragonLasers (1.8W) and BlueTor of TorLaser (2W) (and this store is more powerful, as is logical, 3W, so that the power must be real or be close Wto it.

As gozert says, lasers 20000mW will always be false and more in other colors other than blue. I think maybe 5000mW is the actual maximum, I'm not sure.

Greetings! ;)
Yes, 5W is the maximum for commercially available handhelds. It's possible to build more powerful ones by beam combining though.