Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Virtual Village - bad experience

danq

I'd like to hear from other people who've ordered from VV.
Good, or bad?

I recommend you watch out for them, they can really nail you for shipping multiple items!

When I ordered several lenses, they charged me their regular shipping rate for each one!
I did see that on the checkout page... but figured it would get adjusted as so many other eBay sites do. But even after I emailed to ask about it, they would not adjust and I ended up paying $34 shipping!!!

----------

Today I received the tiny box from them, with the 10 lenses and a couple tiny Dremel disks inside.
Everything was there, just right... no complaints there. Shipping time was comparable to other China-based vendors.

But as I said, I paid $34 for shipping. So I weighed the package: 3.0 ounces. That's not just the box, that's the whole full package. That's more than $10 per ounce shipping!!!

I won't be ordering from them again, unless they change their shipping attitude!

:mad:
DanQ

Yeah... I delt with them about a year ago... but asked for Combined Shipping
before I bid... If you don't ask beforehand they can screw you....
When I was told No Combined Shipping I only bought 1 item and got the rest of
the things I wanted elsewhere...
I haven't purchased anything from them since...

(Now that's a good return business policy)... ::)

Jerry

Their price only looks good, shipping often equals or exceeds the cost of the item. Just avoid this scam trap.
Only ever bought one item from them, will not be going back there.

jayrob

I bought some lenses from them, but it was entirely through e-mail conversation. Because they were out of the lenses. So it was not an e-bay purchase. But a direct quote, then PayPal...

I found the person that I dealt with, to have very good communication, and followed through with the agreed upon deal. I did not get caught in the shipping scam, but I can see how anybody could, if their e-bay sale is set up that way...
Jay

Townes

I only ordered 1 item from VV. No complaints really, delivery to UK in ~2 weeks. Used PayPal.

Can anyone tell me if the DPSS lasers they ship have IR filters?

daguin

I just received my lenses. They were shipped quickly via EMS and packaged much more carefully than was needed.

I tested one out this afternoon. My personal red has a long closed can diode being driven at 500mA.

With the AixiZ glass lens it was putting out 285mW.

With this Virtual Village lens it is putting out 307mW

In addition the spot looks good.

IIRC I bought some of these last year and the spot sucked! No problem today.

Peace,
dave