Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

viper green laser not working

hi every one
so i got my dragon lasers (viper 125mw) and for the first two days it was working great but then it started to dim. at first it only dimmed if i was on for more than 10 seconds. but then not only did it dim when i turn it on it will dim and then a second dot will appear right beside the main dot this also makes the beam much bigger and harder to see and i know it is not the battery's because i have tried 5 different brands.

i have never seen this before so if you have can you please help.

Last edited:

cmak

Re: have you ever seen this !!!!!!!!!!!

please edit your post and change the subject (title) to something more descriptive. It is a general no-no to title threads the way you have. Also I don't think this is the right place to post this (although I may be wrong, IIRC there is a "help" section or something of the likes where this would belong). On the topic though, I would suggest lightly hitting the top with your palm (where the laser comes out of) but not too hard, just like a decent "bump". Similar problems (although less extreme-sounding) occur with my 95mW DL Viper (it's kinda old now) and the "bump" usually fixes any issues.

hope it helps,
cmak

Re: have you ever seen this !!!!!!!!!!!

1 dot going to 2 is an example of something called "mode hopping".

Now that you know the proper terminology to search for, there is a lot of info around about the subject.

Last edited:
Email and send it back, seriosuly don't try messing around with it yourself, most likely you'll make things worse and void your warranty.

I know it sucks but these things happen, just send it back and get a new one.

hi every one
so i got my dragon lasers (viper 125mw) and for the first two days it was working great but then it started to dim. at first it only dimmed if i was on for more than 10 seconds. but then not only did it dim when i turn it on it will dim and then a second dot will appear right beside the main dot this also makes the beam much bigger and harder to see and i know it is not the battery's because i have tried 5 different brands.

i have never seen this before so if you have can you please help.

Sounds like it's too cold. Try heating it up for a while in your hands. It will most likely do the trick. Got a Viper myself, works the same way.
Make sure you don't over-heat it though.
Also make sure that the AAA batteries are 1.5volt or 1.6.

Greetz,
- Nicklas

cmak

Good advice from Inequality... if you live in Northern Alaska, I could see this being a big problem (not saying that you live there... it was an example). Wise words from Kaaklph though, sometimes that's just how it is and although it sucks, it's better than messing around with it on your own, damaging it further, voiding your warranty, and ending up with a $300 paperweight on your hands.

peace
-cmak

Last edited: