Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Viper 125mW VS O-like 80-100mW module (video)

atlemo

Hi folks,

just though I´d show you this little "video-test" where I try my new "home made" laser with the O-like 80-100mW module, and my older Viper 125mW laser.

The casing on the O-like laser is from an old SXD 50mW that I had, and broke.

The results here surprised me! I was expecting the Viper to win hands down, but just have a look at the video! I´m impressed, this thing must be over powered, or maby my Viper is under powered?
The balloons are red though, not black.

EDIT: Some how the video didn´t go all the way to the end, but I popped the balloon in the end with the Viper, one step closer than what you see in the end for the movie.

Attachments

• olike.jpg
    olike.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 619
  • viper.jpg
    viper.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

I have had a couple O-like 100's go over 150 mW !!!
Luck of the draw I guess. My Viper 125 usually holds 125 untill the cells sag down under load.

Mike

the current of diode pump on o-like module is nearly 350/400 mA ? so it's well aligned.
Otherwise i have a 5mw version and the output is decreasing, i suspect overheating of module (cold it work again)
So are the 100mw+ from olike stable without heatsinking ?

atlemo

I´ve only had this for a few days so I can´t tell you how stable it is, but for not it seems great.

atlemo

Yeah, I realized that the batteries in my Viper was not re-charged for a good while :)
I´ll make a new video later, It´ll be more fair.