Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Violet laser 4 sale

I have a violet laser for sale. i know you guys are tech wizards and can build them yourself but I would like to sell this one I built. The brass body is actually a 3 piece glass lens from mi-lasers and runs off of 6volts. the collimation is remarkably great. Seems a bit dim I guess its from the internal reflections of the lenses. or that violet is hard to see. I am asking 125 dollars for it including power supply you may PM me with your best offer.

Attachments

• laser_005.jpg
    laser_005.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 79

Maybe I would want to get it for a close friend, can you get a picture of how the dot looks on a fluorescent poster or such/ Daedal made me one in a box, and although the beam is dim looking, it will burn holes in black garbage bag, and on a fluorescent poster, it looks like at least several mW. Try to light up one of those dayglow red sale stickers. I would bet my Bluray in a box from Daedal is outputting over 10 mW. However, the eye sees green with nearly 20 times the sensitivity!

here is the laser shining through some fluorescien dye.

Attachments

• laser2_001.jpg
    laser2_001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 88
Does it use a diode for reverse power protection and does it have a regulator circuit to control power level, like LM317 with a pot?

scopeguy20 said:
Does it use a diode for reverse power protection and does it have a regulator circuit to control power level, like LM317 with a pot?
If it isn't reverse polarity protected and you have a 1N400X diode, you could reverse polarity protect it for under a dime.

why do I need a reverse polarity protection when the battery is soldered into the circuit. Obviously the forum is not interested in this laser

Daedal

... you would think that after being the one forum that advocates proper LD handling that nothing like this would be made available here... ::)

Well... good luck killing your diode then ;D

--DDL

what you think a diode is going to stop esd? especially if the negative charge is forward biased to the collector?

Skram0

I would think for a proper sale you'd need better LD protection and maybe a finished product. Not to knock your work, but it just looks unfinished.

yehhh.....I hit 100!!!! :)

if i finish it i am going to ask for 140 dollars. so why don't you make me a reasonable offer for it as it is right now

I have to agree that it looks rather unfinished. Considering that it is only some resistors, a cap, a switch, a battery holder and the diode in a housing all soldered together, most of us here could cobble that(or more) together by ourselves. And for those who can't, DDL is offering a very nice complete BluRay-inna-Box for not much more.

Do consider finishing it up. Maybe someone will buy it if it looks more presentable AND features a better driver. ;)