Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos you wish to share part two.

I don't care! I thought it was funny each time he kept saying that.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

The UK was hit by a serious storm yesterday called Storm Ciara. But I'm sharing a video because my hometown made the news due to this. :p
That is a street I regularly walk down and is home to my a family friend.
We were hit by hurricane force gusts, heavy rain and was rudely awoken this morning to a dangerous squall.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Holy Cow! Erie your right there and frequent the area..
That looks more like a natures sink hole than a storm induced one.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It's a bit of both. My town is vulnerable to sinkholes anyway. I walk over one every day near enough. It was filled in, but the ground is sinking again. But this was a pretty bad one for the area.
It was caused by the heavy rainfall. And then triggered probably by the intense hailstorm we had in the early hours of the morning and the weight of the car driving over. I should of measured the sound levels the wind and hail produced last night. It was very loud.

Glad you survived, Curtis. Yeah, I've seen my share of natural disasters too. Lived through hurricane Camile back in 1969 on the Mississippi gulf coast. Demolished everything over half a mile inland. Forgot the death toll, but it was high.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The good thing about the UK is that natural disasters even when we get them often look minor to abroad. But yesterday was pretty intense by our standards. We suffered hurricane force winds, and I got a quick video of the storm when it rained alongside the winds. Felt like a hurricane then. I couldn't imagine actually suffering a real one like that. It was discovered last night that instead I could of easily been woken up by a tornado rather than just a microburst and hail. Wouldn't be all that surprised if there was funnel clouds nearby at the time. The roar was deafening.

Yeah, I've seen my share of tornadoes too. One cut a swath through town everywhere it touched down. If the wind speeds are high enough they are difficult to survive.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oh dear. You are a lucky man Paul. The closest I’ve ever got to a tornado is a supercell passing overhead when I was still in school. Luckily the tornado formed once it had passed my town. But the clouds were spinning and showing all the signs. But I do remember going to holiday once to come back to people saying there was a mini tornado that hit whilst I was away.
Edit: oh and maybe last night lol. Without documentation I may never know for sure the true extent of what I was awoken to

Unlike hurricanes the shearing force of tornadoes are very great as the diameter is so much smaller. That is how they lift houses right off the ground. Once the roof leaves everything else is gone in short order.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes. I studied tornadoes for a while when I was younger. It was how comes I knew what I was witnessing. They are scary forces for sure.

Woo-woo alert, do not listen to this without your woo on. You have been warned, no whining (esp. Cyp.).!