Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos you wish to share part two.

GSS

The bad thing is ....I remember watching some of those. Now I realy feel old. :(

BTW - Don't forget to get your "HOT wax" at the ACME Car Wash! :LOL:
Your not kidding Jeff.
It was so normal watching cigarette adds when watching TV with my folks in the day. "Lucky Strikes" "True Blue" and the woman always in the kitchen cooking for the man and having his Martini ready when he came home from work..:whistle:
The cop that was pissed off at his wife because the coffee was bad?? Just wowo_O

Fifty years ago I was in high school, so I remember these types of commercials very well. They were everywhere and used stereotypical "negro's" to advance their products too. And, of course, no one ever saw these as racist. Racists never do.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

My friend sent me a video of brutally racist cartoons of the black man from i'm guessing the 1930's or 1940's?? Just wow..
Watching even re runs of the Rifleman and other than a few true Asian actors, most Asian were portrayed by white actors with tons of make up..

Anthony P

In the original "Creature From The Black Lagoon", several of the South American crew members and a white scientist get killed. Some time later, the other scientist makes the comment that one person is dead already.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

The street power line transformers and neon signs made these car stall on the road.
35 cars made and all were recalled and by chance a retired electrical engineer bought one years later and figured out what Chrysler couldn't:)
RedC, good Uncle Tony Garage stuff!

Last edited:
What ever came of badboybilly? Found this video just now, I've been wanting to see the inside of one of these yellow pointers for a long time:

Anyone know what is going on with these to make yellow?

GSS

He's probably pissed after the Aussie authority's raided his home and took just about all his laser's and equipment.
I'm guessing under the watchful eyes still..

Shyt, I missed that had happened :(

Aussies are real hard nosed law enforcement types down under.

GSS

He wasn't shy and put up pic's of them in his home.
There had to be 8 police officers.

It is best if you are doing something illegal that you don't post it on YT. That is just my thoughts on this.......others may differ.

True, but I wonder how they knew, maybe neighbors? Looking at the inside of that 589 nm pointer, it appears to have two large crystals in it, one I can see, but near the output there might be another one under that copper. If anyone knows how it is configured I'd love to know.

Heh, I plan lots of things, it's the doing which is hard. I am curious more than anything right now, difficult enough to make 532 nm green, not many hobbyists attempting that let alone yellow. Still, I wonder what they are doing inside those 589 pointers.

There are threads on this subject, I just have not seen how CNI does it in their pointers:

I've also collected a few articles and saved them here: https://imageevent.com/qdf_files/te...lightwavecommunications/589nmyellowlasers?n=0

Last edited: