Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos you wish to share part two.

It's amazing when you think about how unimaginably vast the universe is and all that simply must be out there, there is other life besides just us earthlings but it's at present for us very far away, still just because we can't bend space/time and really go anywhere doesn't mean others can't and I readily admit that it's possible that we have extra terrestrial visitors, I just haven't seen any proof of UFO's except this >

That has be a setup. Nobody is THAT stupid that many times. Most learn once bitten not to do the same thing over and over again. I watched the first few minutes and saw every stupid mistake repeated many times. I do remember getting shocked when I was starting out, but soon learned how to limit that experience by being very careful and not doing stupid things around HV circuits when live or around charged caps either. Smoked very few components. Remember smoking a selenium rectifier once and the smell was horrible. They are also toxic.

ManCave

That has be a setup. Nobody is THAT stupid that many times. Most learn once bitten not to do the same thing over and over again. I watched the first few minutes and saw every stupid mistake repeated many times. I do remember getting shocked when I was starting out, but soon learned how to limit that experience by being very careful and not doing stupid things around HV circuits when live or around charged caps either. Smoked very few components. Remember smoking a selenium rectifier once and the smell was horrible. They are also toxic.
Although It is a setup, sometimes he genuinely accidentally hurts himself. He has many similar videos in his channel.
He makes me have a good giggle. 😁
Hopefully, I won’t be that clumsy.

When I was young and going to college I worked as a TV and audio shop technician. Once I was carrying a CTR that I had replaced to put it back into the box because the dud had an allowance and we sent them all back. A CRT holds a charge, just like a capacitor, between the anode and the outside of the CRT. I had that against my chest and got a nasty shock, but did not let go of the CRT because it could have broken the neck off. After that I started discharging CRTs after they were removed.

Did you shout "CLEAR" in case someone accidentally tried to help you Paul? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

@ManCave I've seen those videos so many times and they still crack me up every time.
(y)

No, I likely said "UHG" and just held on. Funny thing is CRTs hold this charge and even after you discharge one the charge can build up again at a lower potential, so you need to discharge it again if you are going to lift it later.

ManCave

Did you shout "CLEAR" in case someone accidentally tried to help you Paul? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

@ManCave I've seen those videos so many times and they still crack me up every time.
(y)
They’re a good distraction when I am working on a difficult problem and want a little break from overthinking it.
The guys is funny as F!
@Paul.
I would of said something quite a bit stronger than UHG...🤫
Cheers!

When I was about to start college I got one hand on a grounded cable and the other on a hot chassis. That is something you only want to once. Like the CRT discharging through me, it was over before I had a chance to do anything. By the time it was over there wasn't much left to say.

Theremins were named after the Russian who invented them in the early 20th century. I'm not certain these qualify as Theremins. The originals worked by changing the capacitance between your hand and the antenna on the Theremin and was not just any device that made these kinds of sounds. But, why not use a recognized name instead of calling it something else.