Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos you wish to share part two.

In time, yes, first the claim will be robots have no bias.....

Yes and without the ability to discriminate, not racially but between right and wrong, they will follow instructions even if instructed to destroy their instructors, there is a potential for disaster once the ability is there and devices are in common use, I can imagine many scenarios and I'm sure our personal robots will be required to have a government mandated operating system that will be used to spy just like our laptops and cellphones...........can you imagine walking out of the grocery with your robot and when you say something about that dam dirty elected official and then your robot drops your groceries and hauls you in, or when a group amasses several hacked bots that appear to be operating properly even when pinged by the public monitoring system but are actually used for nefarious purposes.

AI is the big unknown factor, if machines are set up to learn from their surroundings including all that they see and hear as we do then it could get interesting because just as we learn rules and decide to break them so will anything with the ability to openly learn and act on thought based on learning's, maybe a second processor with control of the circuit breaker could be used to safeguard, but when a bot can think and do it can modify another so no physical safeguard will work if AI can truly think and learn then act, I know it's been the crux of many movies but the fear is justified because we think and learn and do and we are terrible at times.

Looks like that is best for looking at vascular beds over other structures, Chris. I believe ultrasound is still the best at looking at larger structures, but it will take a bit more time to get this refined. I'm wondering about the claim that this would be good for looking at cardiovascular events as that seems too deep to be subject to laser light. Makes a great video of the vascular bed in a hand, though.

Never heard of this technology until finding this today, but then again, I don't subscribe to any professional laser periodicals. You may have seen it in one of your subscriptions?

I get a lot of paper subscriptions to laser related things. Many include imaging with laser technology, but I don't remember seeing this one before. I get the theory behind it, though.

Taylor Davis is an attractive woman, but her talent is not that impressive. I played violin three years before I was able to take guitar lessons and have known more talented violinists personally. She is able to turn on and off that smile on cue, though.

I don't know enough to hear any difference, just started listening to violin in the last couple of weeks, but I think is sounds lovely, at least, to my untrained ear.

Freedom is worth fighting for no matter where you live, makes you think about some of the truly dangerous things some of our democrat presidential hopefuls have said, I would rather be dead than lay down to tyranny and I hope the people of Hong Kong win, but they are terribly out gunned.

These videos are 3 and 7 hours old as today of Saturday Nov 2nd.

Also interesting, Orwellian nightmare in HK

Last edited: