Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Videos from youtube you wish to share.

GSS

Wow the the early test people are really pretty much hero's going into the unknown corny as it sounds..
I just recently saw more Nazi atrociousities of putting concentration camp members in modules that mimicked what they believe the human body goes through in their space rocket program..

I'm sure youv'e seen plenty..

I saw that video also, it's cool what robots are doing but it means less human jobs, but robots don't need medical and all the union guarded benefits that people do so it's understandable that a robot costing a 1/4 million is still worth while, they can also work faster and non stop 24 hours a day..

The reason they are winding 3 phase AC induction motors are because they are so much more efficient, there are no brushes to wear out and with modern mosfet and switching PS it's even more worth converting DC to 3 phase AC for this purpose than it used to be, granted dc motors make a lot of torque but they are less efficient, you do see hobbyist using old DC forklift motors simply because they are cheap in homebrew electric conversions, but better kits are now available.

With so many front wheel drive cars you could add rear electric motors/controller/battery and have added acceleration depending on weight and output, an extra pair of driving wheels for snow/muddy conditions and you could save gas by using the electric drive around town and using gas for highway or electric assist to the gas for added efficiency and it would only be a small kit, actually if adding to a front wheel drive gas car I would operate it as assisted and possibly regenerative because you want the engine to be running spinning your torque converter so you don't hurt your automatic transmissions driving around on electric only with the gas engine off and trans in neutral, better to have the trans front pump spinning and even if manual you want the input shaft turning I have read for proper lubrication so I would operate both together, although in a breakdown of the gas engine/transaxle situation you could limp home on the electric only or for short trips use electric only. Running as an assist would likely be the best way anyway depending on your battery capacity.

This Zombie222 is a 68 mustang conversion to DC electric motors and it runs a 10 second 1/4 mile, I don't know what it's range is but it looks like fun. Also a 9 second electric doodle bug.

I posted a video a while back about the electric car that won Pikes peak hill climb, think it was Volkswagen. Here it is > https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pikes+peak+electric

Last edited:

GSS

Wow, but I wish I didn't hear all the other cars at the drag strip drowning out the true sound.
I wasn't sure if I heard gear shifting but looked at both of these builders sight and sure enough one had TH350 conversion. I was under the stupid:rolleyes::whistle: impression that they kinda basicly just hooked up the electric motors somewhat directly to the wheels. Not that exactly of course but electric motors seem to have very close to instant top rpm's and can spin to what 10,000 rpm's?
Makes sense with a tranny and with torque multiplication though. That VW even had a Ford 9 bolt for some serious power:)
Looking at the VW sight I couldn't find a vehicle weight? unless I didn't look well enough. It can't be very light compared to a stripped out 350 small block conversion for example? There's alot of battery cells.
I swear I remember maby 20 years ago how limited and a bleak future for electric vehicles because of battery capacity and lack of tech to build them. What was the break through, Lithium cells? I'm not talking about the hybrid vehicles but full electric.

Last edited:
Battery capacity and weight have been issues for a long time, the prius used to come with a NiMH but now uses a Li formulation and the computer manages battery temp and won't let you over discharge it as well as controlling how it charges and that includes a reverse spike every so often to break loose the micro fingers that form on the batteries layers which is one thing that causes lost capacity over time.

In China the city buses are ultra cap but they have inductive charging in the road at bus stops to keep the caps charged, ultra caps could be the next step forward but along with capacity and longevity safety in a crash is also a factor, but today vehicle range is pretty good, it's the length of charging time that's still a problem for travelers in the case of non hybrid electric only cars.

Right now oil is down and the US is finally allowed to export so the push is not as strong and the federal automakers emissions mandates are being relaxed IINM but zero emissions vehicles are coming and with big money driving the research we will have better batteries in time that can be recharged quickly and that sounds good to me for other uses as well.

---edit---

Did you see the Pikes peak all electric winner/record breaker ?

Last edited:

GSS

I keep forgetting you edit posts. I just saw the Pikes Peek run:D
That sound:):):alien: the first few seconds I thought they edit it in:whistle:

I didn't look at the new post yet..

They also have a car alarm on the thing sounding off so people will hear it coming and not miss it, many people have waited all day to see the car go by in about 1 second and if they have their head turned could miss it.

GSS

Ok, I thought there were a few sounds that weren't motor or car based but still it sounded sweet as 99% was all car sound.
I would jump off the Peaks i'f I waited all day and missed it:whistle:

ip sniffing and reverse username searching can reveal who someone is and much metadata and anyone can do it, yet people think the Utah data center has none of their info LOL The Orwellian nightmare is at hand, that phone in your pocket can be used to listen to you anytime, to know where you are, how fast you are moving, the barometric pressure and so much more......and there's actually a record of every second you have carried it along with much data, your GPS is always on and your phone sends packets of data about your travles regularly, there's a spy in your pocket.........

Last edited:
it_so_cold.png

Dreaming of warmer weather :coffee:

Last edited:

GSS

How fast will a bottle of water freeze in -40? Seconds??
Hope you got plenty of fire wood and a warm blanket for Viiano;):whistle: