Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

VI Systems develops novel yellow laser diode emitting at 599 to 605 nm

This article courtesy of Laser Focus World.

The new LDs are based on aluminum gallium indium phosphide [(AlxGa1–x)0.5In0.5P] on GaAs substrates.
The device emits a narrow beam in the vertical direction (fast axis) with a full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 24°. A total of 0.8 W optical output power in pulsed mode operation was realized for a laser with a 1 mm cavity length and 50 µm stripe width, being limited by the catastrophic optical damage of unpassivated uncoated mirrors.

I subscribe to Laser Focus World, so I must have missed this article. If what you have posted is the gist of the entire article, I see no need to search for what will amount to no more information. Just thought I'd ask.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I'd call that wavelength range more orange than yellow. But still, nice to see new wavelengths being developed. Bring on the rainbow!

Last edited:
I'd call that wavelength range more orange than yellow. But still, nice to see new wavelengths being developed. Bring on the rainbow!

Whatdaya expect. This article is written by a guy. Guys generally speaking don't no the names of colors.

Thanks for the link. I was able to find the full text on my own from there. I was going to post it, but see you have already done so, Matt. :yh:

It is orange, BTW. :crackup: