Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very Odd BR Laser DIode in 150mW pointer (post in correct place now)

RDTech

Photo attached shows the business end of a new O-Like 150mW BR laser pointer. Nice unit, chrome colored. I'm more interested in the laser diode within. I am not ready to take it apart. Anyone know who makes this oval laser diode?View attachment 26391

Last edited:

daguin

I haven't run across one of those before. Maybe originally from a laptop? (guess)

Peace,
dave

RDTech

You must be the MAN as far as BR lasers go. I lived in So. Cal for 28 years,don't really miss it. Worked with a few laser companies there and went to shows with them, like Blue Sky Research... I'd like to get a 300+ mW Blue/violet hand held put together without using epoxy (except thermal inside) I have a number of circuits which I has mass produced and they never worked correctly, mostly boost converters. Who makes the best parts and who has the best sources for the LD's?

I have the same laser and I just assumed it was a standard diode but I guess not? Interesting...maybe someone could ask Susie as to what diode it is.

RDTech

This is what I got from Susie tonight -- "Hello Mitch

I know they use 150mW brand new 405nm diode ,don't know what brand diode .

Thanks and Best Regards

Susie

O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

The fact that she stated "they" means to me O-Like DOES NOT make the pointer...interstesing...

Last edited:
The fact that she stated "they" means to me O-Like DOES NOT make the pointer...interstesing...
I've been under the impression that susie only sells the lasers (that is she stocks them and ships them) and they are assembled/made by their parent company...I could be mistaken though.

Last edited:
The lower-powered ones may have Nichia diodes. I was trying to post in this thread, but accidentally posted in a different one. Can't find it now *facepalm*

But I have a 10mW version, normal looking diode, not that rectangular one.

diachi

As Dave said, looks like the diode from a laptop BR drive. Take a look inside of the window, can you see any other components other than the laser chip? The laptop LDs usually have a photodiode and some other bits and bobs built in - to save space.

maybe it is the focalprice unit :)
Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082?PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.

i think in the future i will buy this. for the price is really good. it is at least 50mw.. but could be 100... or higher. howver if someone can open it... i think the pot is turnable and che current drawed changeable. :)

haha in the description of the laser it says 'wavelength: 532nm'

Epic Fail!

stuart :)

it is NORMAL that these shops fail in write right specs... but don't be afraid :) the laser is the same that olike sell... but olike test them.... and FP not. but you could easyly get a 100mw unit... why not?

well it seems a good deal if you can get at least ~100mW out of them.

but its really a gamble if they're not tested IMO

stuart :)