Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very interesting offer..

IsaacT

Between 589 and 593.5nm get whichever one is cheaper.

405nm is kind of boring at such low power levels. It is extremely dim and flouresces your eyes so that the dot looks like a blurry movie effect type thing. Or like somebody dropped a purple colored drop of water on a towel. 447nm is a nice color.

Decide if you want yellow or ingigo and then find the best deal.

EDIT: What trench said. It is awesome and not too powerful. Besides, you will spend almost as much getting a 593/589 at 5mW.

Last edited:
Between 589 and 593.5nm get whichever one is cheaper.

405nm is kind of boring at such low power levels. It is extremely dim and flouresces your eyes so that the dot looks like a blurry movie effect type thing. Or like somebody dropped a purple colored drop of water on a towel. 447nm is a nice color.

Decide if you want yellow or ingigo and then find the best deal.

EDIT: What trench said. It is awesome and not too powerful. Besides, you will spend almost as much getting a 593/589 at 5mW.

Well...it is interesting with LaserGlow. During their "sale" period most of their pointers drop by at least $80+ which is quite nice and makes them more "reasonable".

I don't know how much I can make yet, but if I work 7 days a week let's say for 10 hours that's $400 already(might be able to get a custom made pen :D) so yellow might finally be something I can afford. I have seen 445nm & it dosen't look very pretty(to me at least) just a dark blue. So what im really looking at is to get into the yellow laser market basically, or maybe even getting into HeNe's. 543nm seems like a cool wavelength, but don't know if one can tell the difference between 532nm<---:eek:

-Alex

IsaacT

One can very easily tell the difference between 543 and 532. 543 is a very pleasant yellow green mix color. Better ratio than 532 IMO. 532nm is more of a lime green. 543 is hard to describe. The problem i have with 543 is that it is so damn big. Usually atleast 2-3 feet in length and you need to have the PSU wired up and sitting off to the side. Lots of wires, big and bulky, but it is a pleasant color.

Hit up the DPSS yellows before you get into gas. Establish your Diode/Diode Pumped collection first :)