Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Very cheap 200mw 532nm from dinodirect

jeffez

Im a bit of a newbie and I recently bought a rather cheap high powered green laser from dinodirect.

200mW 532nm Ultra Power Green Laser Pointer(1x CR2 included) - DinoDirect.com

It claims to have a max output of 200mw. This is my first high powered laser, and i must say im impressed with it as it is very bright. How ever at less than $80US, im guessing this is a very cheaply built laser. It claims to do the usual tricks such as popping balloons ect but i havent been able to do this. Im guessing its probably underspec or the supplied battery cant handle the needed current. Im doubtful that is has a ir filter, which is something i tend to look for now with one these kinds of laser pointers.

Has anyone here also bought one of these or can offer any info? cheers

Austin

Im a bit of a newbie and I recently bought a rather cheap high powered green laser from dinodirect.

It claims to have a max output of 200mw. This is my first high powered laser, and i must say im impressed with it as it is very bright. How ever at less than $80US, im guessing this is a very cheaply built laser. It claims to do the usual tricks such as popping balloons ect but i havent been able to do this. Im guessing its probably underspec or the supplied battery cant handle the needed current. Im doubtful that is has a ir filter, which is something i tend to look for now with one these kinds of laser pointers.

hi, may I know your batteries were confiscated or not? I've heard Australia custom would confiscate batteries from outer countries.
Austin

Trevor

hi, may I know your batteries were confiscated or not? I've heard Australia custom would confiscate batteries from outer countries.
Austin

Given that DinoDirect is a drop shipper, he may not actually have received it yet.

-Trevor

glaser

dude, i finally got mine, 15days, that's ok, and the pack is just so so, b the pointer is really amazing, the price deserves, cool stuff:crackup:

DrSid

Anybody could measure actual output ? Without IR I mean ? Or at least some beam shots, and burning capabilities please.
Still DinoDirect is very funny how they 'instruct' you to use this (and even stronger lasers) as pointers.

jeffez

Austin
Battery arrived in a separate package, the same day.

jeffez

Anybody could measure actual output ? Without IR I mean ? Or at least some beam shots, and burning capabilities please.
Still DinoDirect is very funny how they 'instruct' you to use this (and even stronger lasers) as pointers.
If i had the tools to measure the actual output i would as im curious what its actually doing.
Using a better battery i found i could pop balloons and make a match smoke a little but not catch. Tried to get some beam shots but i have found it hard to get one that comes up good so far.