Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Vapcell t8 850mAh batteries won't work after I charged them overnight

Froyomamma223

I got new batteries for my 1 watt thor laser and posted a thread because I bought ETSAIR batteries and they don't work. So I bought better batteries . The vapcell T8 850mAh batteries. And they worked fine but then I put them on the charger overnight and now they turn on then power down slowly its really annoying what do I do?

gazer101

What kind of charger do you use? Are you sure the battery voltage is the same as before?
Have you ever seen your laser actually work correctly? If not, the laser might be defective

Froyomamma223

When I got the new batteries I popped them in and it worked fine. They still had charge in them but I wanted them to be full charge so I popped them on the charger and left them for about 8 hours and then took them out and put them in the laser then it would turn on and a couple seconds later it powered down.

Did you ever insert a battery the wrong way? (& try to lase)-
iirc some batts come with a charge BUT most makers/sellers advise to charge overnight when new.
Some chargers are better than others. A 'smart' charger is worth the cost and they are much safer --cheapies can & do catch on fire.
The better smart chargers have 'discharge then recharge' and places for 4 batteries. mixed is OK.
You can leave your batts in the smart charger.
good luck

hk