Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uv sensitive materials and general violet laser stuff!

Hi all.... Brand new to the forums and wanted to ask a few questions! My buddy just recently got a present from his friend that used to do the pink Floyd laser shows... It was one of those generic disco lasers(with the spring and mirror) but he replaced the green laser with a pretty high powered violet laser.

He also had a thing called a crayola glow station that when u shined a uv light at it it would glow forever and make cool designs.

I have decided that I am gonna start off with a 5mw violet laser off of eBay that is only 16$. And I'm gonna buy a 35mw dc powered green laser(I'm going to use this for a homemade laser show) and also a 50mw green laser from kaidomain.com

does anyone have any experience with the crayola glow stations and violet lasers? Will 5 mw be enough to make it glow? Can anyone direct me to the best place to buy stronger violet diodes at a decent price? Or even a violet one that would fit in the disco laser from kaidomain?

Like I said I am new to this so any info can help

thanks in advance.... Ryan

I bought one of those of my boy... its pretty cool.
we use it a lot.

it came with a UV LED so im pretty sure a 5mW blu ray will make it glow
here are some pix i took recently of the glow station.

picture004tj.jpg

picture008pbm.jpg

picture009d.jpg

As for buying blu ray diodes... there are a bunch of banners at the bottom of the main page that advertise places that sell what you are looking for.

hope that helps

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

mat.jpg

search.gif

Welcome to LPF! Those glow stations look pretty cool! I'll have to check it out.

Chris

bp968

does anyone have any experience with the crayola glow stations and violet lasers? Will 5 mw be enough to make it glow? Can anyone direct me to the best place to buy stronger violet diodes at a decent price? Or even a violet one that would fit in the disco laser from kaidomain?

Like I said I am new to this so any info can help

thanks in advance.... Ryan

here is a link to a discussion on 5mW ebay BR pens that everyone has metered at 40mW+ :)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/ebay-br-pens-45777.html

Haha... Nice guide...

I did find alot of good info here so thank you very much for the posts. I also found a great site for uv sensitive materials called he glow forums. Very cool site!

I got one of those and they are perfect for blu-ray and 473's, I love it.

I just got one of these for the *kids* too. Pretty nice to mess with but I need a full wall or ceiling :). I am using a cheap $11 supposed 5mw blu ray laser from china (which seems to be underrated).

KiLLrB

peanut butter works nicely too :D man I am really suprised at some of the everyday things that GITD

KiLLrB

not a lie man try it, it blew my mind the first time i saw it.

Would it work with a 473? Cause my 473 does cool GITD stuff too. My 405 isn't working.

KiLLrB

not sure man it might but i dont have a 473. Not yet anyway hopefully I'll win one in a raffle here :D

Ill take a pic in a min;)

KiLLrB

sorry man i dont have a functional camera that will capture it :(