Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV Halloween string lights

Hi everyone. I've seen people with battery-operated string lights that I'm certain are UV LEDs, and I'm wondering where I can get them. I've tried looking online, but I've only found one item for sale that explicitly says "UV" or "blacklight". There's tons of "purple" LED string lights out there, but those could be purple or UV, and I know I can't trust the photos.

Most LED's labeled UV are 405nm, emit mostly visible purple light, and aren't really a UV light. Look for products labeled 365nm, these actually emit most of their light in the UV spectrum.

I've thought about getting those, but I need to learn more about LED power supplies.

Just get some "purple" LEDs. They'll be in the 405nm range. The "UV" LEDs you'll find around are usually cheap 385nm+ LEDs or so.

Fabulous!
However, i would like to learn in depth about LED power supplies techniques & operations before making a purchase. Can anyone help me out in this regard?

Last edited: