Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV danger?

MajorLazor

Is there any UV danger posed by these violet lasers? If I'm not mistaken, UVA ends at 400nm, and these are 405nm.

You've answered your own question.

Even if it were UVA, UVA is relatively harmless. Black lights would be outlawed if it was hazardous.

Blue wavelengths can be hazardous to vision, especially at the intensities we have from our 450 nm laser diodes, I imagine, that includes 405 nm violet. When using my NUBM44 laser at close to 7 watts output, I avoid viewing the spot very long unless far across the room from me. If close up, I'm not going to look at it at all, that means I don't use it close up on anything.

MajorLazor

Blue wavelengths can be hazardous to vision, especially at the intensities we have from our 450 nm laser diodes, I imagine, that includes 405 nm violet. When using my NUBM44 laser at close to 7 watts output, I avoid viewing the spot very long unless far across the room from me. If close up, I'm not going to look at it at all, that means I don't use it close up on anything.

Thanks. Are you talking about without glasses? I'm thinking it should be fine to look at the spot, even up close, with the appropriate safety glasses.