Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Using ND filter to dim a 60-70mw 488nm-492nm laser

This gave me an idea, Using the dichroic mirror to create a lower intensity beam you could have some other actual mirrors with two beam ports, one being the less intense beam and the other the high power beam controlled by a beam stop. I suppose this would be the easiest conclusion with the least parts

* look at this, the 2nd mirror optic is a blue light filter. orange light gets right thru
That's not a bad idea, however if you're building a laser with a sliding beam stop to switch between the "free" aperture and the dichroic mirror, you might as well just put two holes in the beam stop - one open and the mirror glued into the other. This would eliminate the need for alignment of multiple mirrors and simplify the design.

Nuguns

That's not a bad idea, however if you're building a laser with a sliding beam stop to switch between the "free" aperture and the dichroic mirror, you might as well just put two holes in the beam stop - one open and the mirror glued into the other. This would eliminate the need for alignment of multiple mirrors and simplify the design.
nice, Oh! and that would create the other desired beam!

I pulled apart the bluray player and managed only a small chip from the mirror, the pictures are from that piece

I also literally just noticed your how to build a pen, this morning I was searching for items, 5 low cost diodes on the way for fun cause honestly thats too many to 'practice' with. Maybe I will go with laser66.......... I was leaning on the classic metal pen. Id need a vice for that tho, maybe I should get one anyways.............