Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Using A $10 5A Step Down Voltage Regulator From Amazon As Driver.

BrilliantLasers

Amazon Link To Device: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06X6BTRBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey everyone. Thought I would share this potential good deal. As a disclaimer, I am aware that this likely isn't the safest/correct device for driving a laser diode, but it's been working wonders for a super low price, and the current and voltage control seem very stable. The thing that really caught my attention is that it handles 5 amps. I have been running it at a steady 4.1 amps for some time now on a Nubm4b diode(I know it's overdriven) and I have had no issues whatsoever. Another seller for me was the solder free hook ups, as I am an amateur and I hate soldering.

Like I said, it's probably not qualified for what I am using it for, but it seems to work great, especially if you are not into soldering.

ty for the heads-up . going now to buy a few!!I am also no soldering pro- please post some pics that will help me.
I have some unused diodes including the 9mm 44 --and 5.6 140 kasios-- +rep when sys allows..lol

looked but did not find anyone else
selling these

Last edited:

BrilliantLasers

No prob. Here's my Frankenstein 3d printed laser pointer I made with it. Currently outputting 6 + watts steady. PS, you are going to need to adjust the current and voltage on it before you hook up a diode.

mylaserpointer3.jpgmylaserpointer2.jpgmylaserpointer.jpg

Last edited:
I was wrong (but close) the look-alike at eekbay is not the same driver--my bad..
ZZZZZZZZZZZ
might be another Mag light host time-- I have a scratched-up big blue Mag (found on the road)- has a side clicky- uses the fat l-ions. A second fan might mount in the tailcap.
did I see that this driver can also charge the batts? Some JL have that..---when on ac power the batts get charged.