Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uses for burnt LD's?

I burnt out like 4 and I was wondering, what would happen if I send 10 amps 12v though it. I/m not sure if it would do anything. But it couldn't hurt.

Heat it up, probably. You might even blow your power supply if you're lucky.

Have fun.

Or if you don't want them as a dummy load, offer to send them to others on the forum who are in the process of building a driver.

The resistance wouldn't be the same. I'm not sure that would work well.

ok first
WTF when i was loading this page, firefox goes "transferring data from lasercommunity.com" WtFWtF WHO IZ TrAITORR
oh i just found out..
CYPARAGON UR AVATAR IS FROM LC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

and second,
a fried LD draws the same current as a good one doesnt it? i thought they worked the same

I've used some of my LEDed LDs (LOL @me) as a dummy load and they seem to behave exactly the same as before they were LEDed but for the coherent light. YMMV

ill take ur LED LD's, heck if its free I want it!!!

;D ;D

What do I do with dead LD's? :

I donno, I think I lost the last one I killed...

but hey the load test sounds coolio...

anyways, if ur gonna give em out, PM me and Ill give u my address ;D ;D

BTW, ur pic, is that a real capacitor going off?? If thats true I REALLY WANT TO TRY

Krutz

oh, thats a great idea!
i have some burnt identical LDs, and still didnt have the idea to use one of them in a new driver!
thank you, you just saved many LDs lives, perhaps! :)

if we are talking about high powered reds, they have ridiculously large dies. one day i will have to get some of them extracted.. they are millimeters long, not the grain of sand in others! isnt that absolutely amazing?!? (okay, i never ever found anyone in real live sharing my enthusiasm yet neither.. hehe)

manuel

edit, 5 sec after i posted:

they, the large dies, may be in similar size to 808nm dies.. practising soldering *big* and cheap diodes, anyone?
look up die4lasers, he writes how to do it.. sounds doable!