Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uranium Glass Marbles?

Pman used to make these AAA battery lasers adjustable and had a thread about how he did those. If you want to make that pen adjustable it has been done many times before. But, it isn't really easy to do if you have no experience with modifying or building lasers.

Pman used to make these AAA battery lasers adjustable and had a thread about how he did those. If you want to make that pen adjustable it has been done many times before. But, it isn't really easy to do if you have no experience with modifying or building lasers.

Nonsense, all I did was pull the silver tip off the output end and put one of the little thumb wheels from our common modules onto the lens and drop in a spring, my 405nm 2 x AAA pens have all been M9 x 0.5 lens barrel threads, it's very simple.

nzoomed

Really? I don't have any non-focusable 405nm lasers EXCEPT the ones that take AAA batteries. But, those are only ~$3.00 each on eBay. For $10.00 to $20.00 you can buy a 100 mW 405nm laser that does focus the beam. That's not a bad deal all things considered.
I have not bought a laser in a few years. My green laser cost me $50nzd and is 50mw.
It runs on 2 AAA batteries. I need to get a photo but its basically a whole chrome body.
I've bought some of those cheap $20 ones on ebay for mates that run on a single 18650 and they never had a focus.

Nonsense, all I did was pull the silver tip off the output end and put one of the little thumb wheels from our common modules onto the lens and drop in a spring, my 405nm 2 x AAA pens have all been M9 x 0.5 lens barrel threads, it's very simple.

Yes, you can modify these to be adjustable. It can be done and has been many times. There is already a lens in there that turns to be adjusted. But, you have to remove the silver cap and put something over the lens to move it. Pman did these years ago. Hs looked very nice when finished.

I have made them adjustable as well and it's very simple to do, however 75mw of 405 is pretty meek as far as it's visibility and burning ability, the BDR-209 is much better and well worth the small investment, I would suggest nzoomed or anyone else get one from DTR with a driver installed as they are static sensitive and make sure to wear the proper laser safety glasses when appropriate, the DTR G2 is a good lens for the BDR-209

Well, he on wants this for its UV properties. For causing fluorescence 75-100 mW is plenty.