Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Updated: The Wavelength Thread

Looks like the guy had just the one E sample, so I don't know that this would be a source for these. Oh well.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's a shame. I will give those samples a search to see if they are available anywhere else.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Diodes, DPSS, Metal Vapour, Gases and Solid States filled out. Just got OPSL to complete.

Last edited:
It's coming along nicely, Curtis. I noticed the 577nm OPSL SHG is vacant. Matt, ultimatekaiser, has a 3 watt one of these and you can get the details from his signature.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, trust someone to notice the ones I’m working on. :D I’m filling out the opsl’s atm. But I will check out Matt’s 577 purely out of interest as well. That thing must of cost a fortune.

You would think so, but he acquired the parts for it separately and had to tinker with it to get it working. I'm sure he didn't get it all cheaply, but not as much as you are probably thinking.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Due to the new forum crossover I have noticed a few issues with this thread that I will work on fixing when I have the time.
Main issues are due to the background colour and formatting. But I have noticed a few smilies have popped up now in amongst the text.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
---------TEST---------

Just trying out a PDF version of the table in the OP. Need to post in order to test on mobile browsers as well.

Edit: I have noticed problems trying to load the PDF on iOS. I haven't got any way of testing on Android based systems.
So I will probably look for an alternative way of displaying the table as I have no way of editing the thread as it is without getting errors.

Attachments

• Diode Database.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Please use this link to view the wavelength thread table.
Making a freesite was the only way I could think of embedding the table to get around the errors I keep getting when updating this thread.
You no longer have download a PDF, just wait for the page to load and scroll through the table.

https://hobbyistlaserencyclopedia.weebly.com/wavelength-guide.html

Note: Desktop users should be able to view the table like normal. Those using mobile browsers may not be able to scroll horizontally, so you may have to turn your phone to landscape. If there is still cropping of data, please let me know and which device you was using.

As I have made the effort to make a website, I will later add various information to it so it can act as a external reference for LPF.
For that I may enlist some help, or need to borrow info from other threads.
Despite the post length being altered, large all-in-one information based threads are still throwing up errors when you go to publish your edits. Meaning a large thread that was fine on Vbulletin, can no longer be edited without deleting tons of content.
I will update the OP with this information, but I just want members to try this option out first. Because once I delete my content, I won't be able to put it back.

Edit: Another thing, I am open to suggestions on the site name. To be honest, I was struggling to come up with something. :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you Immo1282. Have you checked out the website version? As I know I’ve had problems loading the pdf myself.

Edit: I see there was another visitor from the UK. I’m guessing that was you.

Thank you Immo1282. Have you checked out the website version? As I know I’ve had problems loading the pdf myself.

Edit: I see there was another visitor from the UK. I’m guessing that was you.

Yep - that probably was me - pdf viewer on the site works fine on my phone's chrome browser as well as on the PC, but it's a small screen and big table, so not easy reading...

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep - that probably was me - pdf viewer on the site works fine on my phone's chrome browser as well as on the PC, but it's a small screen and big table, so not easy reading...

Thanks for the feedback. I think it’s a compatibility issue. I tested on iOS and I had to scale the table right down. As it’s a free site via Weebly I don’t think I have the option of setting formats for different devices like I do if making from scratch in Dreamweaver. Is it still usable?

Yep - it's definitely a failing of some free site builders. I had no luck finding one a few years ago so built my website from scratch with html & css, but it's a huge pain if you're teaching yourself it at the same time (and have barely any time). The table on the site is definitely functional and highly usable from a computer - and it still works fine on small devices from my glance anyway...

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I did some digging and found it could be possible to edit the HTML/CSS of my theme to cater for the iframe. But it would be a PITA to go through all of that code and make a new copy of the theme just for that. I usually do make my sites from scratch, but I needed a free site.
Thank you for your help. Just need a few others using their devices to tell me whether or not it works for them.

It looks pretty good, Curtis. I noticed some missing diodes in the 445nm range like the NUBM44, etc. I assume you are working to add these as you go. Noticed a lot of Sharp wavelengths that I added to the forum. Great to see them here. Thanks.