Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATE new wicked laser "replica" HOST UPDATE

APEX1

Hey guys... Got a new host in and I'm not sure which diode to put in it or if I want to sell it. Let me know what y'all think. I'm not sure I would want to build another 450 maybe a 900mw 405. It was a pain in the a** putting a G2 lens in.. Anyways I'll leave it up to you guys and gals. Later!!
Justin
UPDATE GUYS, MY BROTHER HAS SUCCESSFULLY REPLACATED THE HOST. I will post a new thread in the buy/sell/trade once we have a few on hand. I will add some more pictures asap

20150716_155326_zpstbj22jqf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150716_155334_zpsz9fzpd4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150716_155419_zps8ownsznu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150716_155432_zpsyx9aybnp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150716_161304_zps20mb54mr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150716_155530_zpsvzhkg4gz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
:thanks: peps

Last edited:

Re: new wicked laser "replica" HOST

I feel like this host would fit a drolling violet beam better than a blue one. And a 405nm build is always more special and exciting to me for some reason. Any one else have the same feeling? Probably because the diodes efficiency is a bit of a gamble, so that adds some risk factor. Also, they're single mode.

gozert

The front part kinda looks like my Jetlasers PL-E Pro. Back part is nothing like it though.

APEX1

The front part kinda looks like my Jetlasers PL-E Pro. Back part is nothing like it though.

yeah it does lol I love these hosts, it's very rare that I can get it from a guy on ebay without having to buy the diode and driver. so I always grab it when he lists it, actually he doesn't even list it he emails me to see if I want it first. I have 4 of them, 2 445's & 2 450's so I'm not sure what I want to do with this one. I might send the heat sink to flaminpyro and have him make a copper one so I could put a 1w 520 in it..

APEX1

Source/Price?

Its a China retailer, full laser usually sells for 100$ but I get the host for a lot cheaper. Its not often he sells just the host. Honestly I think he sells them when one gets damaged in shipping and its not often he lists them. Every few months he shoots me an email to see if I want it before he lists it on his store lol

Then you should be our local supplier!!

Sent a message on ebay asking about the host/price for 10x. Maybe we can do a group buy and get quite a few for really cheap. Just a thought.

@ noobphaser215

Nice avatar. RIP to all of them.
I know that we are all born to die and there are literally thousands of ways to die but this was so senseless :/
Sorry for hijacking your thread, hope you don't mind.

APEX1

Sent a message on ebay asking about the host/price for 10x. Maybe we can do a group buy and get quite a few for really cheap. Just a thought.
I already said he doesn't sell them often. He sells them when he gets a return and has to rip out the diode and driver!

Last edited:

He gets them from somewhere. He might not want to sell one or two here and there, but maybe a "lot" would entice him. Maybe you tried that I don't know. You needn't tell me he doesn't sell them often, that doesn't tell me he "won't" do it. You needn't tell me that he sells the hosts on "returns". This is not helpful information as it states what he has done in the past. I need to know what he is or is not willing to do in the future. Only he can tell me that. But thank you for your input. Thank you for providing his contact information. I will gladly let you know how he replies and I will gladly apologize if I have stepped on your toes in any way by doing this.

I already said he doesn't sell them often. He sells them when he gets a return and has to rip out the diode and driver!

APEX1

He gets them from somewhere. He might not want to sell one or two here and there, but maybe a "lot" would entice him. Maybe you tried that I don't know. You needn't tell me he doesn't sell them often, that doesn't tell me he "won't" do it. You needn't tell me that he sells the hosts on "returns". This is not helpful information as it states what he has done in the past. I need to know what he is or is not willing to do in the future. Only he can tell me that. But thank you for your input. Thank you for providing his contact information. I will gladly let you know how he replies and I will gladly apologize if I have stepped on your toes in any way by doing this.

You kind of did. I already talked to him about this. He doesn't make them in mass quantities lol like I said before he sells the host when he gets a return bud. You'll get the same answer I got when I asked him when I bough this one. Not to sure why you though otherwise..

@ noobphaser215

Nice avatar. RIP to all of them.
I know that we are all born to die and there are literally thousands of ways to die but this was so senseless :/
Sorry for hijacking your thread, hope you don't mind.

You're not jacking the thread. Thanks. :) I love how he's being portrayed as a "lone wolf" by our "president".. I have to be careful what I say about him hahahah

Last edited:

Then I apologize. I must have missed the part where he is the "Manufacturer" of the host. I thought being that he is not the only one selling them that there was a source. I hope that better explains "why I thought". I have seen a few of these hosts now that I have looked a bit more thoroughly. I have asked the same information of those sellers and will report back if I hear anything positive.

You kind of did. I already talked to him about this. He doesn't make them in mass quantities lol like I said before he sells the host when he gets a return bud. You'll get the same answer I got when I asked him when I bough this one. Not to sure why you though otherwise..

You're not jacking the thread. Thanks. :) I love how he's being portrayed as a "lone wolf" by our "president".. I have to be careful what I say about him hahahah

Last edited:

APEX1

Then I apologize. I must have missed the part where he is the "Manufacturer" of the host. I thought being that he is not the only one selling them that there was a source. I hope that better explains "why I thought". I have seen a few of these hosts now that I have looked a bit more thoroughly. I have asked the same information of those sellers and will report back if I hear anything positive.

its all good bro. I have my brother working on a few hosts to see what kind of results we get from it. We are going to try and replicate this as best we can. If it works out we will make quite a bit of them and get them posted here asap

Last edited: